Manhatten beach Boxer Bash cake
Heres the recipe for the cake served at the Manhatten Beach Boxer Bash.
I doubled this recipe and it served about 15 dogs
3/4 cup cornmeal
3/4 unbleached flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon molasses
1 larger egg, slightly beaten
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
beef or turkey jerky torn or crumbled into 1/4 cup of 1/4" pieces
1 lb. ground lean turkey
2- 8 oz. package of fat-free cream cheese
Cook the 1 lb lean turkey until crumbly and done. Add 4 oz .of soften cream cheese and mix together. Gelatin can be used instead of cream cheese to make meat more solid. Press crumble meat in bottom of 8" square pan. Put in fridge
1. stir together the cormmeal, flours, baking soda,and baking
powder in a medium mixing bowl.
2. add the molasses, egg and broth: stir well.
3. Stir in the jerky pieces until well distributed in the dough.
4. Spread the dough evenly in a greased 8" square pan.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 to 30
6. let cake cool then remove cake from pan and place on top of pan with turkey mix, press cake on the turkey meat at bottom of pan.
When cake is cold spread thin layer of cream cheese as frosting.
I used as decoration around sides of cake a strawberry cream cheese spread in a can with applicator tip. Cheese spread in a can can be used too.