This is a recipe I got from the B.B.C. website on Robert Burns Day. We tried it when Gillian & Graham came for lunch last Sunday, it's good.
Preperation time: 10 - 30 mins. Serves:2. Calories & fat count: Energy 880kcals Fat 69g.
Ingredients: 60ml/4 tbsp pinhead oatmeal.
275ml/1/2 pint double cream.
30ml/2 tbsp whisky.
Method:1. Place the oatmeal on baking sheet and toast in a medium oven until crisp, this will take 5-10 minutes.
2. Whip cream until it is thick but not stiff.
3. In a blender, blend all the raspberries except 2 for decoration.
4. Combine the oatmeal, whisky, sugar & cream.
5. In tall glasses layer the ingredients, starting with the raspberries then follow with the cream mixture. Continue until you reach the top of the glasses.
6. Finish with a raspberry and serve immediately.
I didn't have raspberries so I used Blackberries, and I am not sure what 'pinhead' oatmeal is so I used instant oatmeal.
The measurements are the English version, so the half pint is more than the American half pint.
Sergeant. 22 Oct.94 - 27 Sept. 03, now at the Rainbow Bridge, & Isabelle 7 Apr. 02, our beautiful little rescue.