Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > Rainbow Bridge

Rainbow Bridge Share your memories of loved companions now gone.

Closed Thread

Old 19th January 2012, 10:01 PM
Super Boxer

love my boy

How can a heart ache so long just when I think I'm moving on something sneaks up and I find myself a mess.I miss my boy so much I love him more than ever.My husband hugged me good night and I just burst into tears I guess I hold it in so much that sometimes the sadness just needs to come pouring out.At least I know I'm not crazy when I can come here and see so many other people feel the same way about their lost baby.I love you my boy and I miss you like crazy.
Sponsored Links

Old 20th January 2012, 02:23 AM
Boxer Insane

Yes I agree it is great to have some place to get things off your chest with people that are like minded and understand.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roge For This Useful Post:
BoozerBaby (24th January 2012)

Old 20th January 2012, 06:41 AM
Boxer Pal

I just lost my girl on the 15th. I know what you mean...comes in waves. I miss Kalei :-(

Old 20th January 2012, 09:10 AM
Boxer Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
I just lost my girl on the 15th. I know what you mean...comes in waves. I miss Kalei :-(
So sorry for your loss.
God speed sweet Girl.
Adrienne (26th January 2012)

Old 20th January 2012, 09:28 AM
Boxer Insane

I still can't talk about Sandy with out tearing up.
Sometimes, even watching Bella and Napoleon play makes me cry.
I think maybe it is because Sandy and Napoleon played all the time.

We just love our babies and miss them.

Old 21st January 2012, 04:20 PM
Super Boxer

Yes WAVES are a good way to describe it,I can talk about my boy as long as I don't look at the person when I'm talking about him or I'll just crumble.We love our animals so much that until they die we have no idea how much we actually truly honestly love them.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoozerBaby For This Useful Post:
Adrienne (26th January 2012)

Old 21st January 2012, 08:04 PM
Boxer Insane

I'm right there with you. Cami has been gone nearly two years (2/17) and I still fight the sadness every second of every day.
If I don't stay on guard I can be a total wreck for days on end. Bouts of extreme crying....intense anger....feeling hopeless....overwhelming sadness...I could go on but don't want anyone to think I am off my rocker.
I just have a broken heart that can't ever be fully healed. She took a part of it with her.
Losing her really dismantled my entire world. I've lost other pets and was also heart broken in the past but this was different. Earth shattering is an understatement. I really did think I too was a goner (mentally).
It might be TMI but up until her death I was terribly afraid of dying. Almost to the point of anxiety if I even thought about death.
The second she was gone I was no longer afraid. I know when I go I will spend eternity with her. I no longer fear death because I know what will be waiting for me. I am NOT going anywhere!!! I know how it sounds.
I am so sorry you are sad and your heart has been broken.
On the drive home with Raine the day we picked her up I remember looking at her as a tiny puppy and thinking...."You are going to break my heart someday." I know it is inevitable but sometimes love is blind. We do things that will eventually hurt us only to LOVE the journey we get to experience.

Last edited by Cami; 21st January 2012 at 08:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cami For This Useful Post:
Adrienne (26th January 2012), BoozerBaby (24th January 2012)

Old 22nd January 2012, 04:14 AM
Boxer Buddy

i know how you feel

Buddy was the love of my life and i havent gone a day without crying since he passed away almost a year ago. i miss him more everyday. The heartache is almost un bearable at times. i miss everything about him. i am so sorry you are going through this too. i would give anything to my Buddy back.

Old 23rd January 2012, 03:55 AM
Boxer Insane

I feel the same way. This past weekend while out shopping I went down the seasonal item and saw all the stuffed Valentine's Day toys. It sent me into tears because I would always bring one home for Riley (Mason didn't play with stuffed toys). Yesterday, I finally broke down and washed the cover to his dog bed. Logan has been sleeping on it, but I never washed it after Riley left. I just couldn't. Yesterday I decided it was time so I washed it. I was fine until I was putting it back on the bed. I love Logan to pieces, but man do I miss my Riley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
The second she was gone I was no longer afraid. I know when I go I will spend eternity with her. I no longer fear death because I know what will be waiting for me. I am NOT going anywhere!!!
This may sound weird, but I thought the exact same thing when Riley left. I used to be very afraid of death, but now I kind of have the "when it happens it happens" mentality. It's so weird that losing him has effected me more than losing human members of my family.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boxer_21 For This Useful Post:

Old 23rd January 2012, 09:10 AM
Boxer Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer_21 View Post
I feel the same way. This past weekend while out shopping I went down the seasonal item and saw all the stuffed Valentine's Day toys. It sent me into tears because I would always bring one home for Riley (Mason didn't play with stuffed toys). Yesterday, I finally broke down and washed the cover to his dog bed. Logan has been sleeping on it, but I never washed it after Riley left. I just couldn't. Yesterday I decided it was time so I washed it. I was fine until I was putting it back on the bed. I love Logan to pieces, but man do I miss my Riley!

This may sound weird, but I thought the exact same thing when Riley left. I used to be very afraid of death, but now I kind of have the "when it happens it happens" mentality. It's so weird that losing him has effected me more than losing human members of my family.

Have a look at a poem I posted called Man Best Friend, it kinda sums up why we feel like we do about our dogs.

Old 23rd January 2012, 09:48 PM
Boxer Pal

my baby jax

Sometimes it is really hard to come home and jax not be there. I lost him 2 weeks ago. i lost him because he attacked me and tore my tricep in half. I had to have surgery. I am upset that my jax would do this to me. He was spoiled and loved so very much. We have had problems with him being aggressive to people but was getting him help. There must of been something wrong with him to hurt me. I am so upset and hurt at the same time. He was always so loveable with us and the kids. I am glad it was me and not one of my kids. I still love him so much and miss him every day. My husband wants to get another boxer in the future but i am so scared. This was tramatic and I have had nightmares of him attacking me. It hurt so bad and I barely was able to get away from him he was so strong. I just cant believe after treating him so good he would hurt me. I had taken him outside to use the bathroom and someone started spraying something next door. He immediatly started barking and got into attack mode. I tried to get his attention to snap him out of it to take him back inside the house when he turned on me attacking me over and over. I had to fight my way from the back yard through the house and out the front to get help. I made it out and I couldnt feel my arm at all. I knew he did damage at that point. I pushed him off of me several times but he kept coming after me attacking me. When I got out of the house and got help the police officers and ambulance arrived. I learned later that day that the police shot jax in my living room. I didnt want that for him. I am traumatized to the point that im scared to have another boxer or any big dog ever. I still love him and miss him but wish he could of been better. I just wanted a loving dog that I could come home to every day. He was a joy to have till that happened.

Old 24th January 2012, 11:49 PM
Super Boxer

I think something was really wrong with your Jax I've never heard of a boxer doing this.Maybe if you have some friends with boxers maybe visit I know you may be scared at 1st but they do love wholly.If you would have met my boy you would have fallen for him he was so easy going and loving.One lady in our building hates dogs and would say nasty things to my dog so I would just smile each time and say he loves everyone he would lick you to death and before my boy died that lady saw him and this time she smiled at him I came into my apt and giggle AHA he got to her.Jax could have had some bad breeding,brain tumor,so many things,that spray triggered something.Don't give up on boxers take your time pick a good breeder as people here told me to run from the farm breeder,which I am.My nephew was attacked by his grandparents Rottweiler he was 6yrs old and his face looked like it was coming off and it made him afraid of dogs and when I went to visit I kept my boy on his leash and my nephew got a little closer after the 2nd day he took the leash and I showed my nephew how to make him sit shake paw lay down sit up and how to give him a treat my nephew ended up loving my boy like crazy and when he heard about the loss of my Boozer he couldn't believe it and wondered what we would do now.He says when he gets older(he's 16yrs) he's gonna have a dog just like my Boozer.he sure was a dream dog.My mom said he had a face only a mother could love and she ended up saying he ended up looking like a pretty good looking ole dog lol.Don't give up try puppy school with your next boxer I believe in puppy 100%