Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > Rainbow Bridge

Rainbow Bridge Share your memories of loved companions now gone.

Closed Thread

Old 6th June 2008, 01:10 PM
Boxer Insane

A lifetime of memories now laid to rest, I miss you buddy!

I havent been on in a little while, Ive been uber busy. But I need only the comfort I know BW can give, since you all understand what its like to love a pet with all your heart.

So, Im on vacation in Texas. I got a phone call when I was in Walmart yesterday saying that Samson had an allergic reaction to a new flea collar and was in critical condition. (I left him with my family back home in KY). So, I burst out in tears right in Walmart, my grandma is with me and shes trying to get me calmed down, but she just didnt understand how much I loved Sam. I get a call back later saying that the vets did their best but he went in shock and died. It still seems unreal to me, I loved him with every ounce of everything in me. Its unthinkable to think that when I return that he wont be there to wiggle and lick me at the door. I keep thinking that this isnt happening, it cant be happening. But it is. Samson D Handome Hound Dawg September 2nd, 2003-June 5th 2008. So young. So much a part of me.

I went back to my grandmas house, ran into my room, and just cried. I cried for over 6 hours straight, I puked so hard from crying, I fell asleep bawling, I woke up crying after dreams of the Rainbow Bridge and meeting him there, and to this moment I havent stopped crying. He trusted me, I know he did just by the way he looked at me. And I let him down, I wasnt there to save him. He was my baby boy, my first boxer. I thought we still had about 5 more years left with him, if not more. He was perfectly healthy.

I'll miss everything about him. His big brown eyes, his kisses, his wiggles, his love, his companionship, his whiskers, his sole patch, his black mask, his little nub, the swirls on his butt, his barking, his whining, his tricks, everything. The house will seem so empty. Of course, I still have Sadie, Layla, and Moe. But Sam was the first. He led me to find passion with dogs. I just want to let him know once more how much I love him, and I want him to know how much Im gonna miss him, for an eternity. I want to give him one last kiss, one last pet. This hurts so bad...
Sponsored Links

Old 6th June 2008, 02:08 PM
Boxer Insane

I'm so sorry for the very sudden loss of Samson. No words can comfort you I know, but rest assured he is at the bridge content with all of the other babies who have gone before him.
Godspeed Samson.

Old 6th June 2008, 02:16 PM
Boxer Insane

I am so sorry for your sudden loss of Samson. Don't blame yourself for this; it was not your fault. I can only imagine what you must be going through and am sending lots of hugs your way. I know that nothing with stop your tears, just know that Samson is waiting for you and he is ok now. (((HUGS)))

Zoe

Isis 25/10/1995 ~ 28/10/2009
My sweet angel forever in my heart

Old 6th June 2008, 02:27 PM
Boxer Insane

OMG ***TEARS*** I am so sorry! Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you! Please know Samson knows how much you love him and I am sure he is by your side right now, trying to let you know everything is ok. HUGS

Godspeed sweet Samson

Old 6th June 2008, 03:35 PM
Boxer Insane

Oh, Emily, I'm so sorry to hear about Samson, so sad for you. He was so young, and to lose him so suddenly is just heartbreaking. I truly know how much his being the first One meant to you and will always mean to you. A heart softens and opens up, loves more deeply, gives more freely, truely knows the unique and precious bond of skin and fur. You're never the same after that first One. He was a special gift to you, and to be so loved by you was your gift to him.

I send you my deepest and heartfelt sympathy, and say a special prayer for your Beloved Boy, who is forever in your heart.

Godspeed Dear Samson. Watch over your Mom.

Old 6th June 2008, 03:58 PM
Boxer Insane

Emily,my heart goes out to you at the sudden loss of your Samson,I'm sending you too my deepest sympathy.
Godspeed sweet Samson.

Old 6th June 2008, 04:00 PM
Boxer Insane

Thanks all

Its gonna be so difficult to go home and him not be there to greet me. Hes been there forever, I cant remember what life was like without him there. I remember very clearly what it was like to not be able to wait to get home so I can see those floppy ears of his. It just doesnt seem real that hes not there. I know hes running freely, where he'll never have any more allergic reactions. I know hes waiting for me there, and I cant wait to see him again. He was so soft, such a big baby. He was my baby. My world. I know he's there with Lady, Dogger, and Sarge. I hope he finds everyone else's loved ones and wiggles with them. I know he misses me, and thats one of the hardest parts. I want him to be happy. He was truly a very special dog. Only those who own a boxer will know just how special he is. Ive never cried this hard over a dog, I've yet to stop crying. Its a nightmare, life without my buddy. He would always lick away my tears, now Id give up everything just so he could be here to lick away these.

It feels like a big gaping hole in the middle of me. He was always there to cheer me up. I could never imagine a day where he wouldnt be here to make me smile.

Old 6th June 2008, 04:05 PM
Boxer Pal

I am so sad for your loss of Samson. I know how you are feeling as I lost Gidget in April. And for you to be on vacation and not there to say goodbye must be the hardest. I know they say time heals all wounds and it will. I'm still sad for the loss of Gidget after only 5 years. I cried for a long time and every day for weeks. I do have a new puppy now, but it is not the same.

My prayers are with you.

Johanna

Old 6th June 2008, 05:53 PM
Boxer Insane

I am so sorry for your sudden loss of your Samson. I hope sweet memories comfort you. And do not think for a second you let him down. He NEVER thought it and you should not either. As much as we try to protect them bad things still happen My heart goes out to you. Run free at the bridge sweet boy and stay safe until Mama sees you again

Old 6th June 2008, 05:59 PM
Boxer Insane

so sorry for the sudden loss of Samson,will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers Godspeed sweet Samson

MoM & DaD of GDOGS 8/18/05 Brindle,Docked,Floppy and full of Zest

Old 6th June 2008, 07:12 PM
Boxer Insane

I can't even imagine how difficult this is for you. Not only was it very sudden, but you weren't even able to say goodbye. You'll be in our thoughts...

Old 6th June 2008, 08:05 PM
Boxer Booster

i share your grief today, and am sorry for your sudden and jarring loss.

you and your family will be in my thoughts.

godspeed, Samson. be well and happy.