Boxer Board

Boxer Board (http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/)
-   Rainbow Bridge (http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/rainbow-bridge/)
-   -   Missing my Daisy (http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/rainbow-bridge/160754-missing-my-daisy.html)

ColePaityn 10th January 2012 03:38 AM

Missing my Daisy

It's only been since November and I still miss her terribly. She's gone but will never be forgotten.

Tanker 10th January 2012 01:37 PM

So sorry for your loss. We lost our 7 month old Tankabout 2 1/2 weeks ago and it was very hard. While the pain has subsided a bit, he will always be on my mind. While I can't say when you will be in a better place in terms of coping, it will get easier in time. Know that someday you will be able to think of your buddy and smile, instead of shedding tears. Time does heal all wounds. My thoughts are with you.

ColePaityn 10th January 2012 05:06 PM

Thank you! And I'm sorry for your loss. How did you lose your puppy? My Daisy had tumor in her belly the size of a grapefruit that blocked her bowels and bladder. Completely unexpected. I thought she just had a bladder infection. Was not preferred to see that X-ray and have to make that kind of decision. I will never forget that X-ray. The Vet believe it was cancer and had spread into her bones already. Didn't really leave me with much of a choice.

Tanker 10th January 2012 05:48 PM

Sadly, Tank was struck by a car. My wife was taking him out so he could go potty and he charged out the door before she had much chance to react(he saw our neighbor's Jack Russel, his play buddy). He was across the street and tried to run back across at the last second as the vehicle approached. Accidents happen, especially with pups still learning do's and don't s. I was not here, so in some ways I feel guilty since I feel if it was me, I could have helped prevent it. I've had many dogs in my lifetime but the passing of Tank really got to me like no other. Not that I did not care for my other previous pets that have died, but him,...he was very special. All of our pets, whether cats, dogs or whatever always leave their own special mark, like your Daisy. Remember she will be waiting for you at The Bridge. I'm sure her, Tank and all of the others that have left us are waiting for us to one day be reunited. I like to think of it this way. It makes it's somewhat easier to cope thinking that one day I will see those curious eyes and floppy ears again.

sandy's mom 10th January 2012 06:18 PM

I lost my Sandy in October to the same type of cancer and it is no easier today than it was two months ago. I am so sorry you lost your baby.

I just try to think of her and remember how happy she was all the time and she would not want me to be sad now that she is not here...
She is at the bridge waiting for me and playing with all the other boxer babies that have gone before and after her.

ColePaityn 13th January 2012 10:45 AM

I still have my 12 year old Dixie and just adopted Bella back in December at 8 weeks old. I find myself calling Bella, Daisy, quite often. I'm glad I got Bella because it is both helpful to myself and Dixie. I will never forget my Daisy and I'm sure Bella will provide me with as much joy as she did.

ColePaityn 14th January 2012 05:12 AM

Daisy is my Avatar picture..finally got around to adding it.

myangeltess 14th January 2012 10:36 AM

Grieving

I can so relate to all of your stories. 2010-2011 was a horrific year for us. We had 3 beautiful boxers; Rosie age 13y7m, Callie age 12y8m, Tess age 10. Callie started having seizures, we were able to somewhat stabilize her on meds, then the next month Rosie died after only 48 hours of increased weakness--vet put her on heart meds but it was her time to go. We cried and grieved, but she had lived a long life and her passing was peaceful. Then, 2 months later I lost my Tess to a mast cell tumor, only 28 hours after diagnosis. Tess was my special soul mate and I cry to this day when I think of how much I miss her. We had Callie for 10 more months but with ups and downs, and finally had to send her to her mother and sister at the Rainbow Bridge to release her from her battered body. My poor husband had to make that decision the same day I was in the ER and then to emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction. I do know that with time the tears lessen and the good memories take up more room, but they are such a part of our lives that we cant help but grieve. I ended up getting 1:1 therapy with a pet grief counselor as well as going to a group for those grieving the loss of a pet which did help. There are also good books out there that can just make you feel less alone with your grief, as does this forum I hope. God Bless all 2 and 4 legged Boxerworld friends.

ColePaityn 14th January 2012 12:11 PM

My 4 year old niece said the cutest thing to me today. She said she always hears Daisy barking because she misses me. Almost teared up then and now writing this.

Tanker 16th January 2012 06:21 AM

Children have a way of doing that. My youngest daughter keeps Tank's old tug rope(his collar wrapped around it) in her headboard with a picture of him. She say it's so she can have dreams of him. She also said the same thing about being able to hear him bark. Still tells us how when she goes to heaven someday, she will get to see him again. Says that whenever she wakes up scared she knows she will be ok because he's there to protect her from heaven. She sure knows how to make her dad choke up.

ColePaityn 31st January 2012 10:53 AM

Everytime I see her picture on here, my hearts drops a bit. I miss her so much! Boxers are definitely mans best friend!

ZoeRestorick 31st January 2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myangeltess (Post 1354335)
I can so relate to all of your stories. 2010-2011 was a horrific year for us. We had 3 beautiful boxers; Rosie age 13y7m, Callie age 12y8m, Tess age 10. Callie started having seizures, we were able to somewhat stabilize her on meds, then the next month Rosie died after only 48 hours of increased weakness--vet put her on heart meds but it was her time to go. We cried and grieved, but she had lived a long life and her passing was peaceful. Then, 2 months later I lost my Tess to a mast cell tumor, only 28 hours after diagnosis. Tess was my special soul mate and I cry to this day when I think of how much I miss her. We had Callie for 10 more months but with ups and downs, and finally had to send her to her mother and sister at the Rainbow Bridge to release her from her battered body. My poor husband had to make that decision the same day I was in the ER and then to emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction. I do know that with time the tears lessen and the good memories take up more room, but they are such a part of our lives that we cant help but grieve. I ended up getting 1:1 therapy with a pet grief counselor as well as going to a group for those grieving the loss of a pet which did help. There are also good books out there that can just make you feel less alone with your grief, as does this forum I hope. God Bless all 2 and 4 legged Boxerworld friends.

OMG so sorry for your immeasurable losses.

As for Daisy's parent. so sorry too. I know what it is to lose a baby, my heart is with you.