Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL CHAT > Other Pets

Other Pets If you have pets other than boxers then use this area to discuss any and everything about them.

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2006, 10:47 AM
Boxer Buddy

14 year old golden/chow mix...long

In addition to having Rita, our beautiful 17 week old flashy brindle female we also have Shu-Shu our 14 year old Golden/chow mix. I adopted him from a shelter 14 years ago when he was 8 weeks old. Shu-Shu had already been abused at such a young age and it took a long time for him to trust me, but it was all worth it. He has been the best dog in the world. He was potty trained at 9 weeks of age, and until last week has never had an accident I love him more than words can explain...but what is happening to him is breaking my heart and I don't know what to do...so I figured I would come on bw and vent.

Shu-shu' s health has taken a turn for the worse in the last month. He is loosing his eye sight, his hearing is almost gone, he falls down the stairs (we have a bi level home) and he just cry's all the time and now he has accidents in the house. I have been carrying him up and down the stairs so that he doesn't get hurt. The last time I took him to the vet he told me that this was all just going to get worse and that it was up to me to decide what to do. I can't even imagine him not being around but I also don't want him to suffer. I never thought the time to make a decision like this would ever come...

thank you all for listening and letting me vent...I don't know what to do!
Sponsored Links

Old 1st November 2006, 11:36 AM
Boxer Insane

Im so sorry to hear Shu-shu's not doing well. I know this must be so hard for you but if she is suffering than let her go. Let her run pain free at the Bridge. You know she had a beautiful wonderful life, dont be sad. We are here for you with whatever decision you make. You will both be in my thoughts.
Boxers are really people with short legs and fur coats