Surgery or Not?
I foster for a rescue group. The girl I have has a mammary tumor. The surgery will cost $900 which I nor the group have. She is otherwise healthy. I will adopt her but I want to delay surgery until I can come up with the money. She needs to be spayed so it would be better to do it all at once, but do you think it would be okay to delay? If it is malignant, it most likely has spread. She has quite a bit of swelling in her mammarys as well as the lump.
If the group keeps her they will have to fund raise or put her down because she will be deemed unadoptable. But they still think that she will be hard to place either way.
Funny thing about this girl, she has a large swelling on her thigh which we were sure was bone cancer. The xray showed a plate used to mend a broken femor. The vet said it probably cost the previous owner $3000. She was picked up as a stray. I really wish I knew her story.