Go Back   Boxer Board > BEHAVIOUR FORUMS > Dog Training

Dog Training Here is the place to discuss training your Boxer (housebreaking...).

Closed Thread

Old 7th July 2010, 06:33 PM
Boxer Pal

Question Help! my boxer wont stop peeing in the house!

Hi I have a 2 1/2 year old male fawn boxer and he will not stop peeing in the house. I have tried eveything. I think. He will do so good for a couple days and then he will pee everywhere even right in front of me! He has never told me when he has to go out I just have to guess. I don't know what to do. Please someone help me!
Sponsored Links

Old 8th July 2010, 06:43 AM
Boxer Insane

When you say "you have tried everything" can you describe a little more what exactly you tried?
Can you rule out any underlying health issues?
It seems like he was never house trained properly. At 2 1/2 years peeing in the house has become a habit for him, and you will have to spend time and effort starting with the house training all over again. How do you react when you see him peeing in the house?
Is he crate trained and staying in a crate when you have to leave him alone and if yes is he also peeing in the crate?
Many dogs will never let you know when they have to go out. I would begin with never leaving him out of your sight when you are at home and start taking him out every one or two hours - or even more often if needed. Praise him when he relieves himself outside and give him a yummie treat. The key is to not let an accident happen in the house again so make sure he is always in the same room with you. Also try to get to know his schedule. For example I know that my dogs need to go out right after they wake up, an hour after breakfast, in the early afternoon and right before we go to bed.
Please give some more information about the situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sansal For This Useful Post:
samsons (8th July 2010)

Old 8th July 2010, 07:03 AM
Boxer Pal

Is this something fairly new for him, or has he always done this? How long have you had him?

Old 8th July 2010, 07:11 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Is your dog neutered? When you say that he is "peeing everywhere", I immediately thought that perhaps he's marking his territory. Don't leave him unsupervised and always accompany him when he goes outside to do his business. As Sansal stated, be sure to give your dog lots of praise and a treat when he relieves himself in a more appropriate place. If your dog is not crate trained, it would be helpful to confine him to a small (and preferably non-carpeted area) of your house when you can't supervise him.

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such. -- John Holmes