Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 2nd November 2005, 06:24 AM
Super Boxer

Dry Heaving

This morning, we woke up to what sounded like Rocco throwing up. We got him out of his crate and he continued to look as if he was going to vomit but nothing. This happened for about 15 minutes but over the course of that time, he was also wagging his nub and mouthing my husband (the usual morning stuff). Right now he seems to be normal and I called the emergency vet they said to bring him in to be safe. Anyone else experience this ? I haven't fed him yet this morning he has a UTI but hasn't been sick from the meds also has d-mange but we're only using Goodwinol right now.

Old 2nd November 2005, 06:54 AM
Boxer Insane

This happens to Tae every once in a while. I've noticed it frequently happens after she's been grooming herself, but not sure that's always the reason. If she's been grooming, then my assumption is she's gotten some hair caught in her throat. She'll walk around gagging and such and after 5-10 minutes she's fine. The first time she did this we'd just arrived home from the dog park and I think she'd swallowed something (she probably had something like a tiny piece of pine bark stuck to her tongue). I thought it was gonna make me gag cuz it went on and on. Now I'm used to it,thank gosh!

It's possible something like a doggy hair got caught in Rocco's throat or maybe irritated it. It's also possible he had an empty tummy, which was making him nauseous. I give Tae a small treat before bedtime and first thing in the morning. Otherwise, she's prone to getting sick. This is somewhat common among Boxers and other breeds, I'm sure, since they eat every 12 hours or so. Their tummies get empty and that can make them nauseous.

Old 2nd November 2005, 08:25 AM
Super Boxer

He has been ok so far this morning. I waited a little while to feed him and fed him in small increments with breaks in between. He gets apple and yogurt w/missing link w/his food so I gave him that first then about 5 min later 1/2 c and then another 1/2 cup after that. So far so good. I'm home with him all day today so I'll just keep an eye on him. We go to the vet Friday to make sure his UTI is gone so I'll ask about it then.
Thanks Elyse for the compliment on our lil guy....he's growing so fast seems like he looks different every time I take a picture!