Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 11th February 2005, 05:48 AM
Boxer Booster

Question Swollen red bumps on muzzle?

My male is around 9 months old now and he recently has gotten a red bump on his lower jaw right underneath his lip about the size of a dime but very swollen looking. Sometimes it even bleeds. I took him to the vet and he said it looked like a infected cut or hair follicle or something. He gave me an antibiotic ointment to put on it but it doesnt seem to be working. He told me to give it 7-10 days. This was 2 days ago and now my dog is sprouting more of them, probably around 6 or so, but smaller. They are on the upper jaw and lower jaw now. Anybody know what they are or what I should do?
Sponsored Links

Old 11th February 2005, 09:49 AM
Boxer Booster

Did your vet mention anything about acne? Both Duke and R.J. had major acne at about the same age. Duke's lasted a few years, and R.J. still has the odd flare. I would continue with the ointment, unless it looks like your guy is reacting to it. Make sure his food and water are both in either a stainless steel or ceramic dish. Also, give his dishes a good scrub daily with a mild soap and hot water. It also helps to gently wipe his face, after he eats, with a warm wet cloth. If it appears to get worse, or he starts to act like he feels unwell, take him back to the vet. Good luck!
Brittney: reverse brindle girl 93-2004

Old 11th February 2005, 12:02 PM
Boxer Booster

Thanks! You were right on the money, I took him back to the vet today just to make sure and he said thats what it was. Thank you for the tips!