Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 10th November 2004, 04:04 PM
Boxer Booster

Question Dosages for Glucosamine & Chondroitin?

If you use glucosamine & chondroitin supplements for your dog, can you post the dosages that you use? Or if you know of the dosage that is appropriate for boxers to use? I have heard that the dosage is 25 mg per pound of dog's weight, but I wanted to confirm this. I just bought some vitamin supplements for my pup from Puritan's Pride and am not sure how much is appropriate for my baby as she is having some problems with her knees.

Thanks!
Erica
Sponsored Links

Old 12th November 2004, 01:15 PM
Boxer Booster

Puppies...I`m not sure about supplementing but I once found a chart for adult dogs that recommended 650 mg glucosamine for a pooch that was in the neighborhood of 60ish pounds. My Zeus takes (at the moment) 1500mg glucosamine/ 1200mg chondroitin/ and 1000 mg MSM. Normally we try to sticl with 1000 mg each but we have tried a different mg amount this time to see how he does. A maintenance program will suggest 500 mg of glucosamine and nearly the same for the others but it is really determined by how much mg`s you see results by.

Anything that is not used is eliminated out so it can`t harm however if this is a puppy, I would contact the vet to see what is advised.