Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 21st July 2003, 05:59 PM
Boxer Pal

Unhappy Raised bumps all over the body

My 1 year old female boxer has raised bumps all over her body. She doesn't seem to be bothered with them, but they are progressively getting worse. Can someone advise what these things might be?
Sponsored Links

Old 21st July 2003, 06:18 PM
Completely Boxer Crazy

You're in the wrong forum. I'm sure they'll move you. Has she had them long? Or just today? Loke gets that when she is having an allergic reaction. If that's it, benadryl works great! But I don't know if that's what you are dealing with. More info would help.

Lenna

Old 22nd July 2003, 02:18 PM
Boxer Booster

Junior gets bug bites every night. Thank goodness for Benedryl ! It always takes care of it. I wish I would've known about that last year when he was bit by a bee, he swelled up like a balloon and hubby and I took him to the E-Vet and spent $156 for two shots and a script to go and buy Benedryl!!!

Old 23rd July 2003, 05:44 AM
Boxer Insane

It does sound like allergies. It can be to anything though, not only mosquito bites
Krose is somewhat allergic to chicken for example! I have a weird dog, I know!

basak

ps: his allergies are very related to me not paying attention to him, I am beginning to believe

Old 4th August 2003, 11:03 AM
Boxer Buddy

Well, I just got back from the vet..seems as though this is happening everywhere. The vet said, It looks like she has doggie chicken pocks~

Some of the bumps have yellowish "heads" on them, like actual bites. But she gave me amoxicillin cause there are so many between her toes that they are swollen and are sticky with pus. Her legs are covered, I cried and cuddled all nite with her. She also gave me something like benadryl called hydroxzin (spelling?). She also gave me something for the pain, Sadie is limping and won't let you touch her back paws.

I am so upset.....poor baby~

Old 4th August 2003, 11:09 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Hammer gets hives all of the time!! As he gets older they seem to be getting a little less frequent (he's 16 months old), but they haven't stopped completely yet. I am sure his hives are allergies to something and only once did they get so bad it required an emergency vet visit, his face started swelling. If your boxer has any facial swelling it may be more serious, but hives are completely treatable with benedryl as you've been advised.

Good luck!

Sharon, Mom to Hammer, Ginger and Booker!

Old 4th August 2003, 11:26 AM
Boxer Booster

Our Ella turned out to have an allergy to grass and a secondary infection due to the itching. So it is probably an allergy. Ella got a steroid shot and some cephlaxin. It took about a week but she is all better.

Old 4th August 2003, 12:11 PM
Boxer Buddy

I was wondering...WHY would it just start now? Sadie is now a year old....it just has me puzzled.

Old 4th August 2003, 04:31 PM
Super Boxer

Rita just got home from the vet for the same thing. Her little face was all swollen, and she had lots of hives. It happened in a matter of seconds. I took her outside to potty and she was fine, within two minutes she was a mess. My vet gave her a steroid shot, a shot of benedryl, and benedryl and prednazone to take orally. The swelling is already going down. I hope little Mabelline feels better soon! Sending her lots of love from Rita and Munson~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 5th August 2003, 07:29 PM
Boxer Buddy

The same thing happen to shadow, It was a food allergy. I just switched him to pedigree (i know, i know) and it started slowly and then the bumps were all over. Now I feed him nothing but the best. Nat'l Balance & Royal canin

Good Luck