Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2003, 03:13 PM
Boxer Pal

Hives or Bumps on my dogs Back?????????????

I noticed some hives or bumps on his back. I dont know if this is normal. I was thinking it might have been that a tick or fleas bit him, or that he might be allergic to something I might have given him. He seems normal, just that when I touch one of the bumps like pressing on it he turns to it and licks it, like if hes bothered.
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 15th March 2003, 05:40 PM
Boxer Booster

same problem

My puppy has the same thing going on. We took him to the vet for a different issue, and she said it's almost like an ingrown hair or a pimple or something along those lines. The only problem is that since our visit, he has developed more of the same thing. They are almost like a scab that I can just pick off, but then the hair also comes off. If mine gets worse in the next two weeks, we will take him back to the vet though. I also think it might be allergy related, but we will see. Good luck!

Old 21st March 2003, 02:44 AM
Boxer Booster

Tyler has had bumps/hives on him several times (each one resulting in a trip to the vet) but each and every time I have been told not to worry. I haven't seen them in awhile, but I used to see them because they make his hair look bumpy on the otherwise smooth coat. I have always been told that it is probably an allergic reaction to something that he probably ate, or something else that he is allergic to. I think that at one time, it was the type of food I had been feeding him (that's what I get for trying another flavor that was supposed to be better for allergic reactions . . .) I would probably take the dog to the vet anyway to be sure, but probably nothing to worry about! Just make sure that he doesn't have any signs of respiratory distress (gasping, heavy breathing, wheezing, etc) in which case take him ASAP. Tyler's bumps lasted a long time at one point, but he's good as new. And on the same line as hives, he also gets red bumps on his belly if he accidentally pees in his crate and then lies down in it - let's just say we've been to the vet on many many occassions

tyson - fawn male, docked tail, natural ears, DOB unknown, rescued 6/4/03