Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 2nd September 2002, 05:49 PM
Super Boxer

I'm soo sorry to hear about poor Linus. As a mom to a lil guy just a few weeks older then Linus, and just went through a neuter, I've been checking frequently for updates on his progress.

I hope Linus is healthy and happy and back home very soon. In the meantime, please know that you have a whole lotta people here on BW hoping for a quick recovery.

Princess and Mackenzie send all sorts of kisses and beans up to Linus, and you guys are in my thoughts.

Ps...happy belated birthday and congrats on the exciting news!
Sponsored Links

Old 2nd September 2002, 09:38 PM
Boxer Insane

Quote:
Originally posted by Linus' Mom
I am going to do a bit of research and call my provincial vet association to see what they can tell me. If you have any ruckus causing techniques, I would love to hear them!
No techniques, I just start off very polite and proper, and the more I get the run around the harder I dig my heels in and keep repeating the question til I get a legitimate answer. Once they start repeating themselves, and I cant go any higher on the chain of command I explain the wonders of word of mouth and such. I am from New Jersey, I am to stupid to back down til I get something explained to me

If you tell a business they have lost you as a customer they no longer need to give a darn, but if you mention word of mouth instead, then they still see you as a potential customer and more then just you not going.

I just can't imagine not getting an answer that explains when it costs your family so much in doggy pain and money. I freak out when Jedi yawns funny, I couldn't imagine living in your hell of taking the pup in for neutering and such drastic results occuring.

I am wishing you and your family nothing but the best, and hope fervently this ends quickly and healthily for the little guy.

Last edited by Eric J; 2nd September 2002 at 09:43 PM.

Old 3rd September 2002, 06:10 AM
Boxer Booster

Poor Linus! I am so sorry that he isn't feeling well. I found a post that kinda sounds like your situation. I thought you might like to take a look at it. I don't know how to link it here but the thread starter was"Tricia" and it was called "Winston went in to get fixed...and now he is very sick with an infection."
Take care of yourself and congrats on your new baby on the way.
Harlan sends lots of {{{{positive vibes}}}} to poor little Linus. Get Well Soon Sweetie!
and our foster girl Roxy - 9 years old

Old 3rd September 2002, 06:28 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

I believe this is the thread that Harlan was referring to:
Winston went in to get fixed...and now he is very sick with an infection.

Hope Linus is feeling a little better...........

Old 3rd September 2002, 10:08 AM
Boxer Booster

We finally saw the vet this morning that dd the neuter on Linus. He explained that in rare occurences some dogs lick the inscision and therefore it causes the area to get swollen.. and this is why we are having all of the problems. Not sure what exactly I think of this response but I will take the vets word for the next few days. Linus will spend the daytime at the vets office and the evening and night at home with us. His cathedar will stay in for a few more days and then they will remove it and hopefully he will be able to pee on his own. HIs spirits are really good and he's eating like a horse (..... he lost 6 pounds ).

I did send an e-mail to the Candian Vet Association asking what the greivance procedure is and will keep the response close by. If by the end of the week Linus is still unable to pee on his own I will be going for a third opinion.

Again, thanks a million for all of the support and the good wishes for Linus. .........Now, can you all help me through my pregnancy?

Old 3rd September 2002, 10:17 AM
Boxer Booster

That is great news! I am so glad that Linus seems to be doing better and the vet doesn't feel that there is anything to be overly concerned with at this time. I agree with you that if you don't see improvement by the end of the week you should get another opinion. Please keep us up to date with how he makes out.

I bet Linus will be happy to be home

Kasey sends boxer kisses and hugs.....

Karen

Old 3rd September 2002, 11:21 AM
Boxer Insane

Quote:
Originally posted by Linus' Mom
[Now, can you all help me through my pregnancy? [/B]
LOL! Sure, lots of high-quality premium kibble (have you considered switching to the BARF diet?)

Seriously, though, congratulations on both Linus' improved health and your pending bundle of joy. Linus and his brother/sister-to-be are lucky to have such a caring mom.

- Gloria
Christopher, Benji and Jonny

Old 3rd September 2002, 12:57 PM
Boxer Insane

Hi I read your post about Linus and did some research. I found this link that may help you, I'm not sure but it does say something about the prostate and neutering. Check it out..
I hope your baby is feeling better & congrats on the pregnancy!

http://www.vetinfo.com/dprostate.html
Matilda & Marius - Russian Blue (cats)

Old 3rd September 2002, 02:14 PM
Super Boxer

Thats an awful lot of licking to cause that much havoc!

Didn't they give you an e-collar after the surgery?

I'm taking Mac into the vet today for a checkup (he's got a toe swollen and outta whack) and if you don't mind, I'm gonna ask my vet about lil Linus.

Old 3rd September 2002, 03:57 PM
Super Boxer

When I had General fixed he also had problems. He was released to me later that day and had quite a lot of bruising. I took him home. The next day he didn't want to lay down and was very sad. I placed a call to the vet 2-3 times that day and I even thought that I should bring him back in for them to look at him. They denied that there was a problem,"boy dogs get depressed after the neuter" is what I was told. Well, during that night he opened up the insision with the edge of his E-collar and I find him with his back legs bloody and stains on the carpet. I tell you, the vet knew I was pissed about all of this. General had to go back the vet and they ended up reopening the site, cleaning it out and stitching him back up. They told me how much it cost and I refused to pay. I also required that he stay there until he was healed enough to come home, hubby checked on him everyday. So not only did I not have to pay for the second surgery, I also got a week of hospital care for free. Now I know more and next time something like this happens I am not going to take my dog home until I am happy with his condition. Don't let the vet brush you off. Stand up for your dog and demand the truth. Raise a stink in the office if needed.

I hope it all turns out ok. I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 3rd September 2002, 05:22 PM
Boxer Insane

I'm so glade Linus is doing alittle better, I was thinking about him all day while I was at work. I'm sorry but I just don't buy the answear the vet gave to you. I deal with dogs who have surgery on a daily basis and I have never heard of a dog not being able to pee on his own because he licked to much Yes I have seen when dogs licked their incision and scrotum and it has swelled up like a grapefruit (i mean huge) and had a ton of bruising but NEVER did it interfere with them urinating and it never made their penis swell to the point it had to be sutured to stay in. I know there is a first time for everything but, it all just seems really odd to me. Didn't this same vet say the first time that this had nothing to do with the neuter, it was just a coincedence and now he is saying it's because he was licking to much? Hmmm. When Linus is fully recovered I would be in search of a new doctor. Its great to hear he is eating good and is in good spirits after all he has been through, I feel soooo bad for him. When do they think they will pull the cath? We will be keeping our fingers and paws crossed that he can pee on his own once they pull it. Please keep updated on him.
Maddie ~ (deaf), DOB 2/6/02

Old 4th September 2002, 06:58 PM
Boxer Insane

How is Linus doing today? I just can't seem to get him off my mind. I do hope he's getting better. We will continue to include him in our prayers.