Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2002, 09:22 AM
Super Boxer

How long of a wait after eating for play

I have read here that bloat is more likely to happen if the pup exercises after eating. How long after eating should we wait to take Muggsey for a walk? Sometimes after he eats, he sprints around the house like a maniac, is that bad? This whole subject just worries me.
Sponsored Links

Old 30th July 2002, 10:09 AM
MarleysMom

I'm interested, too.....

My 7 week old Marley does this every time he eats! It is so frustrating because I try to keep him calm & quiet for an hour after he eats, but he gets a huge burst of energy because of course he has to go potty after his meal and then he's ready to play! Almost daily he gets so excited after he eats, that he throws up It's usually just water, so I'm not too worried, yet. I am assuming that his little belly is just so full that when he starts running around, it causes him to urp up a little bit. The more I try to quiet him, the more excited he gets! Is this risky behavior? Will he grow out of it eventually - is it just a puppy thing?

Aaaahhh, the life with a Boxer!

Old 30th July 2002, 11:08 AM
Boxer Insane

I tend to wait an hour after Rocks eats before we go about our play time If you crate train, you could always crate the puppy for about 1/2 hour to hour after eating to let him calm down a bit and take a break from all the puppy play LOL Give him a nice chewy and let him relax. Hard playing or exercise right before eating is not recommended either.

Old 30th July 2002, 02:54 PM
Your Friendly Moderator

Andie rocks!! Exactly my advice.

Good luck.