Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 5th July 2013, 04:02 PM
Boxer Booster

Dribbling urine when laying down

This winter I had taken Bentley to the Vet when I noticed some small dribbled wet spots on the couch after he'd get up from sleeping or just laying there. It was never much at all. They tested his urine for an infection and nothing showed up. But they put him on an antibiotic anyway. I've noticed it happen a few times here and there but never took him back in for that issue after we found out he had a MCT. All our thoughts were concentrated on that. Well, today I noticed Bentley licking himself and a tiny tiny wet spot on the floor. I watched for a bit and saw him pee just a bit, but more than a dribble, he obviously couldn't control it and was trying to lick it up as it came out. I put him outside, he didn't even try to go pee. And then about an hour later he was laying on the tile and I saw some dribbles when he got up. I gave him some cranberry supplements, but I won't be able to get him to the Vet until Monday. He's peeing normally otherwise...and he seems to be drinking the same if not slightly more. But that could be due to the hot weather...

Any ideas? Would stones show up when looking for an infection? Or could they have missed something like that by not doing proper testing? If everything comes back normal again with urine testing, I assume I should request an x-ray or ultrasound to check for stones? I've since changed Vets, so I hope this new one will be more proactive in finding out what's going on.