Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 24th November 2012, 10:52 PM
Boxer Pal

Exclamation My 5 month old is acting weird-er than usual...

Last night my little girl Gracie had loose stool, just once, and then when we went to go back in the house she vomited. She's had yummy troubles before and we have what I call "puppy pepto " for her, I gave her 5cc last night and she ate an hour later and finished her water bowl. This moring she didn't get up and play like she usually does but shes my shadow and when I cant sleep at night neither can she so I just thought she might have been tired. Well it is now 11pm and she has slept all day, refused to go outside, and she wont eat or drink anything and hasn't all day. The only way she will eat is if I let her eat out of my hand and I had to put water in a bigger bowl and lay my hand in the water just to get her to drink a few drops. Her gums are pale and I'm getting worried. This happened once before and we took her to the vet only for her to say that she is fine and charge me $500 for that nugget of wisdom so we're worried that shes just in a "funk" but at the same time I'm worried that she's actually sick. Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Old 25th November 2012, 06:30 AM
Boxer Insane

How is she this morning? If she will take food from your hand I would feed her that way, even some chicken or something. And maybe some low sodium broth to drink. If she's not better today I would definitely take her to the vet.

Old 25th November 2012, 07:45 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

One time when Layla was really lethargic and not wanting to eat or drink anything I called my sister who is a vet tech. She told me to try a little bit of yogurt. I did and it perked Layla right up. I don't know if your puppy is suffering from something different but it's worth a try imo.

Layla ~ Boxer Mix Female ~ docked ~ ears floppy~ Born~ 1-1-2012

Old 28th November 2012, 11:49 AM
Boxer Insane

I have been out of town and just catching this thread. How is your puppy Gracie doing?
Thor-male brindle 05/24/01- 10/03/13