Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 30th June 2012, 03:19 PM
Boxer Pal

strange bumps on puppy

Hi guys,
My boxer puppy Oliver is just about 6 months old. A couple weeks ago I noticed a weird bump between his shoulder blades that eventually crusted over and kind of peeled off, taking a chunk of hair with it. Now it's totally gone. A couple of days ago I noticed 2 more similar bumps on the top of his neck that have also peeled off and taken a chunk of hair with it. Even though it peeled off the 2 bumps are still there and are slightly pink, but didn't bleed or anything. Now my poor puppy has 3 little bald spots about the size of a pencil eraser! Wondering if this is allergies? He's already on Blue Buffalo's high protein, grain free puppy food. We live in the desert so I don't think it's insect or environmental allergies. Anyone else have any experience with this or suggestions on how to handle it?

Thanks!
Maria
Sponsored Links

Old 30th June 2012, 08:10 PM
Super Boxer

Smile

I haven't experienced a problem like that with either of my boxers I would take your boxer to vet just in case. Better to be safe than sorry. Good Luck! :0)

Old 30th June 2012, 08:17 PM
Boxer Booster

Lucy has one those, right behind her leafy ear on her neck. It's just stabbing over. My dh asked the vet and said he thinks she said its called a horn or something like that and that it's harmless.
Lucy(fur baby 6/2011)