Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 3rd August 2011, 08:16 PM
Boxer Booster

Red face Lung cancer

I posted some messages when I took miles to the vet. We decided to go with salvatory glands that were swollen. We did not want to talk the cancer route. Well fast forward 14 days later Miles does not really want to eat and he started to cough. Took him to the vet because he passed out. They ran a ekg, xrays and a biopsy. He has lung cancer and got bronchitis. He also has an enlarged heart. He is 9. He is in good spirits. He is on medications. Has anyone had this experience? Doc said he can go from
6 months to two years. So sad!

Old 3rd August 2011, 08:54 PM
Boxer Insane

I am so sorry to read this. I haven't dealt with and it breaks my heart you and Miles have to. I am praying you get the 2 years! Sending lots and lots of positive healthy ((((vibes))))!
Thor-male brindle 05/24/01- 10/03/13
The Following User Says Thank You to Gatorblu For This Useful Post:
mileswilson (3rd August 2011)

Old 3rd August 2011, 09:17 PM
Boxer Booster

To Gatorblu- thanks so much for your good vibes. He is acting normal and he stopped coughing.. If I did not know any better I would say he is fine.. which he is.. but I seen the xrays and the ekg, and the biopsy. So sad. The great thing is that I have a wonderful vet. I went in and they took him right back. He is such a great dog. I had him for nine wonderful years and he endured the military moves and two deployments when my husband had to deploy. I am going to spoil him more than I do now.. He is so loved and he knows that and that is what brings peace to my heart. Thanks for your kind words.

Old 3rd August 2011, 09:37 PM
Boxer Booster

#1 Today, 10:35 PM
mileswilson
Boxer Booster

Callifronia Natural or EVO / Lung cancer ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just posted in the forums regarding my dogs diagnosis of lung cancer. He is currently on meds. He got the diagnosis today. He eats SOJOS. I was wondering if anyone heard of or has used California Naturals? I went to a doggie bakery and I got a sample before I got the diagnosis the other day and the woman who was providing samples said her dog had cancer it helped the cancer from spreading due to the ingrediants. She also gave me a sample of EVO. Anyone have any experience with a dog with cancer and feeding. He is nine and I just want to make him as comfortable as possible and happy with his meds and now with his food. Please help

Old 3rd August 2011, 09:55 PM
Boxer Insane

I am so sorry to hear about Miles. I hope that it's two years or even longer that he's got. Hugs to you
The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzie For This Useful Post:

Old 3rd August 2011, 10:21 PM
Super Boxer

My heart is with you and your babies... I know Miles has had a lovely life with you, and I hope that you are able to get more quality time with him before he has to leave you.

Was admiring his photos; he is a stunning boy Beautiful markings, especially the long white leg!
Gabriel - Emotionally challenged Umbrella Cockatoo
The Following User Says Thank You to SnowDove For This Useful Post:

Old 3rd August 2011, 10:43 PM
Boxer Insane

I just looked at your gallery pictures, and yes Miles is a very handsome boy! I couldn't help but notice that you husband deployed in March, I am guessing he still is deployed? This makes my heart break a little more. As the wife of a soldier it is hard enough to get thru life's normal hassles while your spouse is deployed. It is just not fair for you to have to do face this "alone". (Tho' you really are not alone, because the BW family is here for you.) Plus it is not fair for your husband, who obviously loves Miles, to have to be so far away. I am sending hugs from myself, Thor and Arabella (my Army brats)

Old 3rd August 2011, 10:46 PM
Boxer Booster

Thanks so much. The great thing is that daddy is home. This was his second tour about a year and a half ago. Miles got depressed when daddy left. He is such a joy and I always feel protected around him. My other little one is a nervouse ned.. He is scared of a leaf. lol. I appreciate your thoughts. I am just going to spoil him 100 x more. Its so hard.. .I am so thankful that he has had such great nine years with me. I am scared though. I hope that I dont come home from work and he was alone if he passed. So scary. These dogs became my world especially that my kids are older. Again thanks for your kind words.

Old 3rd August 2011, 10:51 PM
Boxer Insane

I am glad he is home and safe! And you can face this together.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gatorblu For This Useful Post:

Old 4th August 2011, 07:31 AM
Boxer Insane

I'm so sorry to hear about Miles' diagnosis. I don't have any experience with lung cancer myself but I wanted to send you some supportive vibes. We'll be thinking of Miles, keep us posted.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...f/IMG_0124.jpg

Old 4th August 2011, 08:14 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

I'm so sorry to hear about Miles. I hope it's the 2 years you guys get.
Jersey 02/22/2012 Fawn Female Nub Floppy

Old 4th August 2011, 09:44 AM
Boxer Insane

Oh boy i am so sorry to hear about Miles,Its so tough having to go through an illness like that , I dont have any experance with dog cancer thank God but an Uncle of mine went through it 4 yrs ago unfortunatly it was too late for him and he could not be treated , I was intouch with a few people at that time and was informed by all of them that cancer finds it hard to thrive in a well nourished body so all I can say is look into your boys neutrition give him the best of everything and you maybe able to slow up the process,
Good luck