Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 27th July 2011, 01:55 PM
Boxer Buddy

Anyone elses dog eaten a sofa cushion or pillow?

The other day Bailey somehow managed to unzip a sofa cushion/pillow and pull out most of the stuffing while we were at work. Having not been home we don't know if she actually ate any of the stuffing. Yesterday around lunchtime I took her out for a walk and she had a rather soft poop with some weird whitish/yellow mucuos stuff all around it. And today we got home at lunch to find that she has prety bad diarrhea and had pooped twice while we were out for the morning and then had diarrhea again when I took her out for her walk.

My question is...could this be caused by eating the stuffing out of the sofa cushion/pillow or is it most likely something else?
Sponsored Links

Old 27th July 2011, 02:13 PM
Boxer Insane

Yes, it could be. Watch for signs of an obstruction as well. My boy ate a part of a blanket and ended up needing surgery to remove it.
Erin flashy fawn, Lucas, Flashy Fawn, Boxer angels, RIP 11-29-10 and 8-22-07

Old 27th July 2011, 02:26 PM
Boxer Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxrMommieNAZ View Post
Yes, it could be. Watch for signs of an obstruction as well. My boy ate a part of a blanket and ended up needing surgery to remove it.
What do we need to keep an eye out for other than vomitting and trouble pooping?

Old 27th July 2011, 02:32 PM
Boxer Insane

Not eating, vomiting, changes in stools (my boy still went, but it was diarrhea), lethargic, not wanting to drink. And it can be awhile. It was about 3 weeks before mine had any symptoms.

Old 28th July 2011, 11:56 AM
Boxer Buddy

Thanks for the suggestions. Things actually got worse over night and she was passing a lot of blood with her stool this morning so we took her to the vet with a stool sample and the vet diagnosed her with Whipworms. She got an Atropine shot at the vet and we were sent home with a few medications to take care of the worms and the slightly inflamed intestine caused by the worms. Now we're on the road to recovery.