Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 7th January 2010, 06:04 AM
Boxer Insane

I am so happy Cami was able to come home to the loving arms of her family. I agree as well that she will be able to rest and recuperate so much better at home. Still sending loads and loads of healing vibes to her heart and many a prayer for Cami and you all.
Aniah 5/27/08 classic fawn girl, docked and floppy, full of the badness
Sponsored Links

Old 7th January 2010, 06:11 AM
Super Boxer

We're so happy to hear that Cami was able to come home! I agree with the rest that she'll be much more relaxed at home and hopefully able to get better faster.

Old 7th January 2010, 06:26 AM
Boxer Insane

Great news; glad to read she is now home!
Mary, Sally & Sam

Old 7th January 2010, 06:26 AM
Boxer Insane

I am so glad to hear that Cami is home where she belongs! I was scared when I hadn't seen a post from you for a while. Good girl Cami, keep on fighting!

Bella 6/13/06 CGC, TDI
Jake-border collie/beagle 6/20/99 & Reggie-Jack Russell 12/25/97

Old 7th January 2010, 06:35 AM
Boxer Pal

Sending loads of loving, positive, supportive, healing thoughts and prayers to you and Cami!

Old 7th January 2010, 06:35 AM
Boxer Insane

I am very happy to hear Cami is home. Was she diaganosed in congestive heart failure? If so, it will likely take days to get back former levels of energy.

Will keep your sweet girl in thoughts and prayers.

Pam and Autry

Old 7th January 2010, 07:35 AM
Super Boxer

Just caught this thread. I am so sorry that Cami has to go through this, but it shows what a fighter she is. I hope she will continue to fight hard and get better soon. Healing vibes, thoughts and prayers go out to Cami, you and your husband. Continue to stay strong. Get better soon Cami.

Old 7th January 2010, 08:09 AM
Boxer Insane

I am so happy so hear the Cami is home! I will still be sending tons of healing vibes to your girl!

Old 7th January 2010, 11:01 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

We have been waiting for an update! I'm glad Cami is home Hope she gets the proper rest and can recover - much better chance with having her at home.

I just want to say how brave YOU are with Cami - I just got my first boy in OCT and I can't imagine times like this - I know they will happen - but it just breaks my heart to even think about it.

Stay strong for Cami

Old 7th January 2010, 12:43 PM
Boxer Pal

Thumbs up Just read about Cami -so sorry to hear.

Just caught up with the site since Christmas. So sorry to hear you had so much upset over the holidays, but so glad to hear that Cami is home where she is most comfortable and feels the most safe and loved. That alone will do her more good than anything else, and it will also do you and your husband a lot of good. There is nothing worse than knowing your baby is in the hospital where you can't provide love and comfort all the time, its just the worse feeling, whether it's a child or a dog. Sending good vibes and prayers from me and Guinness. Keep fighting Cami and keep getting bettter. Best wishes for a much better continuation to this New Year to all of you.

Old 7th January 2010, 01:30 PM
Boxer Insane

Quote:
Was she diaganosed in congestive heart failure?
As of right now she is not in congestive heart failure. While her heart function has worsened we area hoping that the damage and poor function is tachycardia induced. In theory once that is corrected then the heart can begin to heal and return to a normal function. Last testing prior to this episode was in March/April of 2009 and what is bad now was perfectly normal then.
I was just so shocked to hear how it can get this bad in such a short amount of time. In reality it only takes DAYS. We do not know how long this has been going on but suspect it was starting back in the fall. This is just based on some odd symptoms that we were seeing. Putting two and two together I guess. Will never know for sure.

It is entirely possible that she WILL have a congestive heart failure diagnosis. But they won't say it now. Will have to continue having echo's done over the next few weeks. Perhaps the one tomorrow will show some improvement now that the heart rate is being controlled by the meds. We knew that the meds would have to be adjusted over time but I really feel as if they will get lowered tomorrow. I have been testing her rate and respiration about 3 times per hour. Everything appears to be "normal" with the numbers since bringing her home. I can't tell what her BP is. I suspect a bit on the low side which is a side effect of either of the heart meds.

She has been without her thyroid meds since Saturday. I can already tell that she is being affected by it. Hopefully we get the OK to restart them tomorrow. Her "panic" behavior that was present prior to thyroid supplementation is starting to return. Any small noise seems to startle her. Then she gets nervous/frightened. Hubby and I are literally whispering to each other, making as little noise as possible, walking very softly in the home and gotta love our sign on the front door!
DO NOT KNOCK.
DO NOT RING DOOR BELL
NO VISITORS!!! LOL

The cardiologist left us with her thoughts which were that she was "Guardedly Optimistic" with Cami's prognosis.

Again.....she doesn't KNOW Cami. I mean she knows her she just doesn't know her like I know her. I am not lying to myself. I know she is not even close to being her old self. She may never be. Odds are that she won't BUT if she can recover from this I know that she can still lead a happy life. That is all I want for her.....happiness. If she is happy that is 1/2 the battle.

She continues to rest as much as she wants. She is starting to move around more (much to my dismay). I don't know WHAT they did to her in an attempt to get her to eat in the ICU but she stole a potato chip from me!!!
Took it right off my plate. She does not BEG for food. Has always had the best manners when it comes to us eating. For sure has never stolen something off our plate. She can sit right on the couch next to me if I am eating and just sit there. No cares. No attempts to get food. Of course we do have our "baby bird" moments but that is different and she knows which foods that play includes. If she wants a potato chip factory I guess I will have to figure out a way to accomplish that for her.

I just know I love her and am glad she is home!!! I am not even taking it day by day but moment by moment. Only way to stay sane.

Old 7th January 2010, 03:49 PM
Boxer Buddy

My heart just melts reading this...

Just wanted to say my heart is melting when I read this...she is soooo lucky to have such a great Momma. I love that she is at home where she belongs. All the best to each of you but mostly to Cami right now. We too are experiencing some difficulties since Christmas and are just on our own road to figuring out what could be wrong. They think chronic pancreatitis but with levels off the charts --- over 1000 they feel there is something else going on as well. What is a Mom to do??? How have you done it???? I spoke to my vet about going the route with Dr. Dodds and her different panels but vet says to me that she isn't sure they are the right vet for that...(sorry for butting in on your thread...but wanted to share with someone that might be able to relate and provide insight...) that the are very conventional and that doesn't sound conventional...I AM AT A LOSS...if you can share any of your insight it would be appreciated. My heart strings are being tugged so hard by everything you have said I just felt there was a connection...thank you for listening and I pray the best for you guys!!!