Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 18th April 2008, 04:28 AM
Boxer Pal

Uveal Cyst or Floating Iris Cysts

We took our 12 year old male, Stymie to the Vet yesterday, because we had noticed a round brown spot on his left eye. Our vet said could be melanoma or uveal cyst. She had us roll him onto his back and the spot did move, and she thought it maybe a floating iris cyst which is much better. She is contacting the local ophthalmologist to see if we need to get an ultrasoud of his eye. I was interested if anyone had any experiences with this sort of eye problem.

Thanks,

Kathy
Sponsored Links

Old 18th April 2008, 10:55 AM
Boxer Insane

My beloved boxer boy Chance had this in his left eye also. I forget what what the doctor said it was but he had it for years!!! You could even see it some of his close up pictures. It would move (or float) depending on how he laid, just like you mentioned. It did grow a little bit too over the years but not a lot. It never bothered him or caused any problems. It wouldn't hurt to get him checked out by an opthamologist just to be 100% safe but it sounds just like what Chance had which was not really a big deal (meaning it wasn't something malignant.) Good Luck and keep us updated!!!
Maddie ~ (deaf), DOB 2/6/02