Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 3rd September 2007, 06:51 AM
Boxer Buddy

Skin Tag

Over the last few weeks, we've noticed that Rocky has a skin tag on his chest. It doesn't seem to bother him at all and it's not spreading and there are no other lumps around at all. I know boxers can have skin issues and I'm just wondering if this is something that anyone else has seen?

I'm going to call the vet this week and make an appt to get it removed but I was just asking around to see if anyone else has had this issue and did it some back? I'm hoping it's not a big deal.
Sponsored Links

Old 3rd September 2007, 12:00 PM
Boxer Insane

Austin has a lot of skin tags, my vet said removing them would only be for cosmetic reasons, since they cause no harm, and I'm not having him put under anastesia for that.
Megan 4 yr old brindle rescue

Old 5th September 2007, 07:58 PM
Super Boxer

skin tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutusdads View Post
Over the last few weeks, we've noticed that Rocky has a skin tag on his chest. It doesn't seem to bother him at all and it's not spreading and there are no other lumps around at all. I know boxers can have skin issues and I'm just wondering if this is something that anyone else has seen?

I'm going to call the vet this week and make an appt to get it removed but I was just asking around to see if anyone else has had this issue and did it some back? I'm hoping it's not a big deal.
Butler had one removed several years ago. It started out very little, and I watched it, had my vet aspirate it, etc., to be sure it was cancerous. Finally it got really big and I was worried that he would snag it on something, so I had it removed. He's been fine, and it didn't return. If Rocky's is small, I wouldn't worry about it as long I was certain it was only a skin tag.

Old 16th September 2007, 07:45 AM
Boxer Buddy

Thumbs up Skin Tag Update

Just wanted to let you know that we had the skin tag removed this week and it truly was no big deal. I had an appt for Rocky to have it removed this weekend but then while playing, he caught his toe on something and ripped out his toenail. (Poor little guy) So my partner called the vet and they cleaned it up and trimmed it and the remaining skin back and wrapped it up for us. They put him on two weeks worth of antibiotics too just to be safe.

ANYWAY, while they had him sedated, they very quickly and easliy took off the skin tag. So we got that taken care of too. Nothing to worry about unless it comes back.

Now my little guy is working his bandaged up foot like a pro. I think he figured out how pitiful he looks and he kinda likes the attention.

He's SO dramatic. I hate to tell him we can take off the bandages today.

Old 16th September 2007, 08:49 PM
Super Boxer

Boxers are notorious for being dramatic.

The more you "baby" them, the more pitiful they'll act. He'll milk that booboo for all it's worth. LOL Hope he feels better soon, and glad the skin tag removal was easy.