Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 16th August 2007, 07:55 AM
Boxer Insane

Neuter scar not right?

Just bathed Casper for the first time since he was neutered and it doesn't look right? There are a couple of lumps that are purple, almost like blood blisters on his scar, don't know if they are sore but they look it.
I think I'm going to try get him in the vets today for them to have a look at them. No doubt that'll cost me a fortune.

Old 16th August 2007, 08:02 AM
Boxer Insane

Here's some pics I just took, anyone ever seen anything like this or have any ideas what it is?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/trapes/005.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/trapes/004.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/trapes/003-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/trapes/002-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/trapes/001-1.jpg

Old 16th August 2007, 08:27 AM
Boxer Insane

Hmmmmm...Not sure, our 2 boys scars are not like that. However, on Bosco's little nub, there is a bump ontop of his scar. His nub is pretty short too!!!! I can't rememebr if the bump is purple or not, but it does stick out of his skin.

Hopefully someone here has answers for you.

None are as fiercely loyal as Dog People!

Old 16th August 2007, 08:53 AM
Boxer Insane

Looks kinda like a cyst maybe?? Let us know what the vet says.

Old 16th August 2007, 09:24 AM
Boxer Booster

Tracey, I can't look at the pics cause I'm at work - computer won't let me. But I work in a Surgery Clinic and the description of purple blister sounds like a possible blood clot under the tissue. USUALLY that is nothing to be concerned about, and it could take several weeks to disolve. You should be concerned if the area is getting swollen, blisters are getting bigger, tissue gets increasingly red, warmer then other areas, draining or you can see a bulge that might indicate an incisional hernia (try pushing it back in). The incision itself can be bumpy for several months (in humans) before softening and flatening out. Best wishes

Old 16th August 2007, 09:32 AM
Super Boxer

Annabelle got those after her surgery when she was spayed. We just kept an eye on them , and after a couple weeks they disappeared. Unless they ooze or get hot to the touch I think they'll disappear. She also had some really hard knots on her belly next to them, which all smoothed out.
Gino, Police K-9 4/10/94-10/13/06 WE MISS YOU!

Old 16th August 2007, 09:38 AM
Boxer Insane

My friend just came over to have a look and to give me a second opinion on them. She said she'd leave it for a few days as some look like they've gone down already. He isn't bothered by them that's probably why I didn't notice them and since the vet said he was healed nicely the other week I haven't looked at his nether regions to be honest.
Thanks for the replies, you know what it's like, you panic.

Last edited by Lola's mum; 16th August 2007 at 09:40 AM.

Old 16th August 2007, 03:57 PM
Boxer Insane

Rolen had something like that on his stitches after he was neutered, but his was swollen and more of a purplish color. He also had diarrhea. We took him to the vet and he was having a reaction to one of the suters. The vet gave him a shot of penicillian and we just kept an eye on it and put a warm compress on it 3x a day.

Old 19th August 2007, 06:41 AM
Boxer Insane

The lumps/blister type bumps have got a bit bigger now and there is another one. There is also a swelling that wasn't there the other day so it could be an incisional hernia but would that happen weeks after surgery?
I'm making an appt at the vets as soon as they open tomorrow morning

Old 19th August 2007, 08:45 AM
Super Boxer

sending out healing vibes to casper...keep us posted
.lola, 3 yr old fawn,floppy.jake, 11 yr old mixed .hannah, 3 yr old black lab.rocky, 9 yr old mixed ."THE GREATNESS OF A NATION AND ITS MORAL PROGRESS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED"Mahatma Ghandi

Old 19th August 2007, 09:55 AM
Boxer Booster

I would take him in. I looked at the blisters and they don't look like what I thought, a blood clot. But I wonder if he is having an allergic reaction to the suture used. I find it interesting that the blister is not on the incision, but next to it. A hernia would be right on the incision and could happen anytime, even years later, but I don't know how common that is in animals. Let us know what the vet says.

Old 19th August 2007, 10:56 AM
Super Boxer

I definitely think it is worth a trip to the vet. Sending healing vibes to Casper!