Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Dog Health issues and questions

Dog Health issues and questions Ask about cancer, mange, heart troubles...

Closed Thread

Old 8th January 2007, 08:06 PM
Boxer Booster

Bumps on Chin and Muzzle

Deuce has these little red bumps on his chin that sometimes pop and bleed. He is also loosing the hair on his chin and its looking very red and irritated. He has some bumps on his muzzle around his nose and mouth that look white, but would probably be red if his muzzle wasn't black. Is there anyway to tell if this is acne versus an allergic rash? We are going through the process of elimination to determine if he has a food allergy. He started to show allergies when we switched from Iams to Canidae so we have been on Natural Balance Potato and Duck for two weeks and no improvement on the chin/muzzle area. I took away his plastic water dish tonight and put out a stainless steel one instead. Any ideas would be appreciated. I hate to see his handsome face with these little bumps, I miss his cute little white chin.
Sponsored Links

Old 8th January 2007, 08:43 PM
Reasonable Moderator

Re: Bumps on Chin and Muzzle

Only your vet can maybe tell the difference. He is certainly the right age to have acne. Removing the plastic dishes is certainly the right start. You might try washing his face after eating. Just soap and water would probably be sufficient. If it doesn't help, you might try anti-bacterial soap.

Old 10th January 2007, 11:11 AM
Super Boxer

Re: Bumps on Chin and Muzzle

Molley had this too. In her case, it was puppy acne. I have a picture of it in my gallery. Our vet gave her a shot of antibiotic and 2 weeks of antibiotic pills and it cleared up and has not come back.