Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL CHAT > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk here about any message that just doesn't fit anywhere else (No boxer related)

Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2012, 02:53 PM
Boxer Insane

Can I whine for a minute?

Or two?

I'm 36.5 weeks pregnant and tired of working overnight 12 hour shifts. 12 hours is too long to be on my feet at this point, and I'm constantly exhausted. I want to sit at home all day on the couch and rest. Not clean or get things ready for Ian's arrival...but sit around and be lazy all day.

I'm not sleeping at night because my hips hurt too much to sleep on my side, but I can't breathe if I sleep on my back. Clearly sleeping on my stomach is not going to happen.
11 more shifts until maternity leave! Not that I'm counting or anything...

Ok, pity party over now. Off to work again.

Old 4th January 2012, 03:03 PM
BW owner

And once the baby is born, you have all the sleepless nights and feel like a zombie all day...
The Following User Says Thank You to Boxerworld For This Useful Post:
johann (4th January 2012)

Old 4th January 2012, 10:37 PM
Boxer Booster

I can totally sympathize! I am 34 weeks pregnant and also work largely 12 hour night shifts. I am getting exhausted as sleeping is next to impossible but am hoping to make it another 3 1/2 weeks at work! At least we are nearing the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to jacquim For This Useful Post:
johann (4th January 2012)

Old 4th January 2012, 11:35 PM
Boxer Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquim View Post
I can totally sympathize! I am 34 weeks pregnant and also work largely 12 hour night shifts. I am getting exhausted as sleeping is next to impossible but am hoping to make it another 3 1/2 weeks at work! At least we are nearing the end.
I hope your next few weeks at work go by quickly. I'm going to work until the end (scheduled the day before my due date)...but we shall see how it goes. I was doing well up till this week, I think I'm just getting crankier by the day.

Good luck to you.

Old 4th January 2012, 11:54 PM
Boxer Insane

Ian - nice name good luck for your last few days at work and best wishes for when the baby comes! Where are you planning on delivering? I'm starting a clinical rotation (maternity) at mercy hospital in January

Old 5th January 2012, 07:37 AM
Boxer Insane

Can't wait to see pics of the babes!!!

I actually slept on my stomach up til the night before delivery. I would lay off to the side and bring my leg all the way up to my chest for support. Sometimes even kneel with my legs open enough so I could lay face down with my bump between my legs. This really helped my pain in my back too. Maybe give it a try? Ohhh, and if you do, don't panic in the morning when your bump is sticking out the side of your body! :0 The baby will move back into place shortly. lol

Wishing both you Moms a safe and quick delivery!