Go Back   Boxer Board > SHOW BOXER FORUMS > Boxer Standard

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2006, 06:09 PM
Boxer Buddy

Long nose?

I was wondering if you all would look at some pics of my Riley and tell me if you think he has a "long nose" for the breed. When I look at pictures of other boxers, some times their noses look a lot more "squished in" than Rileys does. I love his face, so whatever you guys say won't hurt my feelings!

Old 11th April 2006, 06:54 PM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbtab
riley looks all boxer to me. in soem of the photos his snout looks a little longer but then you have a shot where his nose looks fine. I think it's the 2nd picture. he sure is a handsome classic fawn
I thought he would be a semi-flashy fawn? I thought classics didn't have that much white?

He is very cute!

Old 11th April 2006, 07:20 PM
Boxer Insane

I think classic fawn would be rigt. I do think he is very handsome. I am picky on what I think is a good Boxer head. Some of your shots are hard to say. I would say a smidge long but he makes up for it with a good eye and square head. He looks in excellent shape. I hate to see heavy Boxers.

Old 11th April 2006, 07:48 PM
Reasonable Moderator

It really hard to tell from the pictures because they are usually taken at an angle. It's actually easy to measure as the length of the muzzle should be 1/3 the total length of the head.

Old 12th April 2006, 01:14 AM
Boxer Insane

It does look a little long in comparison to others, its not as squished in as some, they are all different aren't they, he is very handsome

Old 13th April 2006, 12:06 AM
Boxer Insane

Look in my gallery at Buddy. He has a longer snout. He's all boxer but I thought the same thing when I first got him. You baby is just fine! He's very adorable and has a baby face.
I have come to learn that a longer snout means less snoring and snorting. Buddy snores really low and he kinda puffs air. There isn't really a snorting noise. Hehehe.
and spoiled

Old 13th April 2006, 06:26 AM
Boxer Booster

Question Another longer snout...

Sammy has a little bit longer snout, too. Hers is about exactly 1/3 of her head size. I am wondering if that ratio changes at all as they get older...? Do they ever "grow into" their snouts?

Old 13th April 2006, 06:25 PM
Boxer Buddy

oh, all of your dogs are soo cute! And thanks a lot for the encouraging words. Riley still snores, but at least he doesnt snort!

Old 11th July 2006, 05:25 PM
Super Boxer

And an additional comment...

My brindle, Emma, has the same snout. I met her parents, and talked with the owner of the grandparents of the mother's side. They are all boxers. (The mother is the one with the longer snout. The father looked all boxer).

So, my guess is that breeding...according to the Boxer Standard...is "bad." However, as you undoubtedly know, the actions and the rest of the body are definitely all boxer!