Go Back   Boxer Board > SHOW BOXER FORUMS > Boxer Standard

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2004, 12:41 PM
Boxer Buddy

Question Puppy fur changing color?

hi, I am not sure if this question has been posted before. I did a search and didnt find what i was looking for, perhaps i used the wrong key words. A\

Anyways, we have a 1-day-shy of 9 weeks old boxer boy. He is a fawn, with white on chest/belly, lower halves of all 4 legs, some up around his neck, and finally some white right above his nose, which extends up between his eyes. his mask is all black.

My question is this... Will the brown on the rest of his body get darker as he gets older? He apears to have black hairs on his ears, and a few on his back. How much color do they change, if any?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 30th July 2004, 01:05 PM
Boxer Pal

Talking Colors

Hi flboxer, The answer is he might get a little darker, but it will turn more of a reddish color then a black or brindle. But he's black hairs will never go away, gives them some character . They will fade as he grows but if you look close enough you will always see them. You might also notice that the white on his face will become smaller as he grows into his markings, so if it a the white on his faces covers most of it, it will narrow down to a thin line in the middle of his face, same goes with the rest of the markings on the legs and check. Oh and the white on his check and underside may get spots on them as will, like little freckles. Here is a link to color changes in boxers, hope this helps (linking to other Boxer boards not permitted by rules), just click on Boxer Coat Color, Thanks Melissa

Last edited by JulieM; 30th July 2004 at 01:31 PM.

Old 30th July 2004, 02:12 PM
Boxer Buddy

thanks

Sounds good, I was just curious if they change from age 9 weeks and on... i hope he doesnt lose the white stripe from the nose going up between his eyes, it was always a thin white stripe to begin with, so hopefully it will stay. but I guess i really have no control over it.

Old 12th January 2005, 03:03 PM
Boxer Insane

If you look at my gallery, Tyson had some black in his fur when he was about 4 weeks old. Once he was 7 weeks, it seemed to disappear (or at least isn't as visible). His brother was the same way. He had black down his back, and once he got a little bit older, it started to fade.
Now that Tyson is almost 7 months old (can't believe time has flown that fast), he is more red than he was when I got him.

Old 13th January 2005, 05:07 PM
Super Boxer

Bailey is a reverse brindle and was pretty dark when I got her. At 5 months I can tell she is starting to lighten up with more of a reddish fawn color. She has the white blaze, socks, and chest and she has already gotten freckles on her nose. I hope it doesn't turn all black. It will be interesting to see how she turns out-either way I will still think she's the cutest.