Go Back   Boxer Board > SHOW BOXER FORUMS > Boxer Standard

Closed Thread

Old 7th October 2002, 08:51 PM
Boxer Pal

American vs. German bred

I have heard that Boxers can be bred in/from the American or German style/line. I cant seem to find solid information on this topic. I would like to know more about their differences. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Old 7th October 2002, 09:08 PM
Boxer Insane

Here's a previous thread that should be of interest to you.

American VS German

(Moving this thread to the Boxer Standard Forum )

"Life moves pretty fast.
If you don't stop and look around for a while, you may miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Old 16th October 2002, 09:14 PM
Boxer Pal

German/Euro

If you want to learn more about the difference between German/European(they all follow the FCI standard) boxers checkout this great website www.euro-boxers.com it has great articles on this subject. Hope this helps!

Old 16th October 2002, 09:22 PM
Boxer Insane

It's simple enough. American-bred Boxers (or American-line) Boxers are those that were bred in America, or whose direct ancestors are American. German-bred (or German-line) are those whose direct ancestors are German. German "style" Boxers in the US are simply the product of charlatans trying to get more money for their dogs. "Euro-Boxers" are apparently those from anywhere in Europe (except the UK), and the differences between one Euro Boxer and another can be more pronounced than the differences between a North American Boxer and a German one.

There are also several, several discussions in the archives on this topic. A simple forum search will give you more information than you ever wanted to know.