Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Closed Thread

Old 16th November 2005, 07:59 PM
Super Boxer

Help! Has your dog ate bar soap?

I just got home and found the bar soap on the ground in the bathroom with teeth marks all over it. Goldie was locked in the bathroom. She is know walking around like she needs to throw up making aweful noises. It was dove sensitive skin bar soap and she is only 4mths. do yall think she will be okay?

Old 16th November 2005, 08:05 PM
Boxer Insane

She will mostly be throwing up soon. Baylee ate a WHOLE bar of Dove soap. She threw it up all night, bubbles and ALL! I called the vet anyway and they told me that as long as she was throwing up she will be fine. But she may start with diarrhea and you will need to call them if that happens. Now, Bay ate the WHOLE bar, and ended up with a few episodes of diarrhea which by the way also happens when kids eat soap. Yes I talk from experience with my kids LOL But she was fine. I hope your baby is feeling better!

Old 16th November 2005, 08:11 PM
Super Boxer

Oh thank you for letting me know. She couldn't of ate to much. The bar was just a little smaller and had teeth scrapes all around it. She has not thrown up yet but she stopped hacking. Hope fully she will get it all out and that will be the end of it. I guess I am lucky my child has never ate soap.lol thanks!

Old 17th November 2005, 12:37 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Talking

Oh yes, the soap eaters. What is it with Boxers and soap? Macon has eaten soap a couple of times. She prefers to find the hotel travel soaps in my suitcase or duffle bag. Now that I think of it, I think they were little Dove soap bars She was fine, just blowing bubbles in her water bowl and diarrhea I believe. Just keep an eye on her, but I bet everything will be fine.
"Happiness is a warm puppy"

Old 17th November 2005, 06:01 AM
Boxer Booster

Talking

Yes, Henry has done this too. I ended up calling the national poison hotline ($50) just to find out it would probably not harm him too much.
He threw up and blew bubbles for about 7 hours total, but it did seem to teach him a lesson. He still likes soap, but will only lick it rather than eat the whole bar! He now prefers toilet roll and much to my horror tampons!

Old 17th November 2005, 06:24 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

From what I can see on your avatar, Henrysmom, your Henry looks just like my Spud! Do you have pics to upload?

As for the soap, my boys leave it alone, but my CAT is another story. She also rips apart the toilet paper (while still on the roll) chews on the blinds... she's a devil.

Well, if they ever DO get into the soap, now I know what to do! Hey they are just cleaning their insides!

Old 17th November 2005, 06:54 AM
Boxer Booster

Smile

Tatertot,
Spud is sooo cute and he does look just like Henry. I haven't seen many boxers with half a white face before. My breeder had his own little names for identifying each pup and he called Henry 'face off" . There were pups with perfect markings but we thought Henry was so cute with his white side of his face.
Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to change my pics to the right size for uploading.
I will persevere - I have just as many pics of Henry as a baby as I have of my 2 skinkids!

Old 17th November 2005, 07:07 AM
Super Boxer

So far, Jesse has not really had access to soap. I guess I learned my lesson from my last boxer, Jake. He LOVED it...coincidentially, dove soap, lol. Also, we lived in NY at the time and had a problem with deer in our garden. Someone told us to try hanging bars of soap around it and the scent will keep out the deer. WELL...needless to say, Jake had a party with all that soap swinging the breeze, lol. He never got sick and I learned a lesson!
2 Bostons, chihuahua, mini schnauzer and 4 birds.

Old 17th November 2005, 12:34 PM
Super Boxer

Soap

Yes, Dove soap is the favorite in my house but Irish Spring will do as well. My two girls just like to unwrap it and lick the corners (so if it's already opened they will leave it alone). Austin however likes to chew them, but only the Dove bar and he never eats it. He just chews on it. That’s why he's my wonder dog, I always wonder what he’s up to!

Kelly

Keagen, Kendall and Austin (The Wonder Dog)

Old 17th November 2005, 01:06 PM
Boxer Insane

Coco just recently helped herself to an entire bar of Tropical Fresh Zest. She was fine after about 3 days. She had terrible diarhea and threw up A LOT. I felt so sorry for her, she was obviously very sick to her stomach but once she got it all out of her system, she was fine. The only good thing, cleaning up the vomit wasn't too bad because it smelled good..lol

Old 17th November 2005, 07:15 PM
Boxer Booster

Talking

LOL! Max LOVES soap too! Any kind but he is especially fond of Irish spring. He's eaten it a couple of times, gets sick, never learns. He's always trying to get into my husbands' hockey bag (he uses the irish spring) and when we go to anyone's home, after greeting everyone, he b-lines to the bathroom to try and get their soap. He also loves any kind of skin cream (he'll chase you around the house trying to lick your legs, hands) Denise
Missing Max (beloved furbaby 2002-2011)

Old 17th November 2005, 08:34 PM
Super Boxer

Smile

Well it is good to know that other boxers love Dove soap to.lol Well Goldie is doing fine. I guess she didn't eat enough because after hacking with nothing coming up for a couple of hours she seemed ok. She never had diahhrea. I made sure the soap was put up in the cabinet before I left for work today. I thought it was safe on the top of sink but I guess she is growing. I know not to leave anything in the bath tub. I how ever come home today to find that she had been chewing on the plunger so It got a new place to go and for some reason she loves the bottem of my plastic show curtain liner. She has chewed across the whole bottom. It still works just is shorter.lol I don't mind these few little mishaps aslong as she doesn't get into anything that can really hurt her. I think there is nothing else she can get to and I know that the bathroom is so much funneir to her than the crate while I am gone. I will not let her go out with angel, ali and roxy. Goldie is just to little.