Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2001, 03:53 PM
Boxer Insane

I've noticed two commercials recently that feature boxers. It's so rare to see boxers on ads, that I was amazed to see 2 commercials in one week. The first was about allergies, and feautured, among other breeds, a patch boxer(natural ears). The other was for Popscicle Scribblers, and had a "talking" flashy fawn boxer(cropped ears). It's nice to see our breed represented. I also saw a show on animal planet that featured a company that allowed it's employees to bring their dogs to work. I saw one employee who brought her two adult boxers, and another who had a young boxer puppy.

Old 22nd May 2001, 05:21 PM
Super Boxer

Cool

Take a look at the group of dogs on the Pedigree food containers. One is a boxer. In fact, I know the graphic artist that did that picture many, many years ago. I asked how he got those dogs to sit all so quietly. The secret? He did them one at a time and then combined all the pictures into one! He told me the boxer in that picture was so well behaved.

Old 22nd May 2001, 05:28 PM
Boxer Buddy

If you ever watch Saturday Night Live, sometimes before they go to commercial or after they come back from commercial they show these different frames. Sometimes they have a person walking two boxers.

Old 22nd May 2001, 06:42 PM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Anyone seen Dog Park??? It's a pretty goofy romantic comedy. It was in the discount bin at my video store so I bought it to see if there were any boxers in it, and guess what! One of the main characters has two adults!

Old 22nd May 2001, 10:18 PM
Boxer Insane

Anyone seen a new Cap-N-Crunch commercial with dogs driving a car or truck?

I haven't seen it, but my kids swear they are white boxers.

Remy - 6/2/92-12/9/03; white male w/brindle patches; our first boxer baby - We miss him!
Shannon - 1992?-12/7/99 Flashy fawn; We miss her!

Old 23rd May 2001, 11:04 AM
Super Boxer

Watch the beginning part of "Spin City". There is a boxer standing on the street doing his business . It's pretty funny

Old 23rd May 2001, 12:14 PM
Boxer Buddy

There is a small roofing company around here that runs an ad on tv, and it has two boxers in it, there pretty funny, i guess their modo is roof roof.

Old 23rd May 2001, 12:32 PM
Boxer Booster

Have you seen the print ad for Martex on the back cover of this month's Victoria magazine? It has a boxer under the sheets with his head sticking out at the foot of the bed. That's like mornings at my house, except Georgie usually has her head on the pillow!
Misses Georgie, 10/24/00-7/3/07

Old 23rd May 2001, 01:02 PM
Boxer Booster

Talking Publix commercial . . .

My favorite boxer commercial is a Thanksgiving commercial that Publix (grocery store) has used the past seveal years. It features a family sitting at the table ready to eat their Thanksgiving feast when all of a sudden the salt and pepper shakers (male and female pilgrims) turn to life. Shows them passing them around the table with silly expressions on their faces and then the baby gets ahold of one, smashes it head first into his mashed potatoes and then drops it on the floor - ENTER THE BOXER (of course) to "help" out with the mashed pototo covered shaker! My best friend actually bought me a pair of the shakers last year and everytime I see them I think of the look on the boxer's face when someone scoops up the shaker at the last second - robbing him of his prize.

Susan

Old 23rd May 2001, 01:16 PM
Your Friendly Moderator

I recently watched a television movie on CBS about the grifters, Santi Kimes and her son. The victim in the movie, played by Jean Stapleton (Edith Bunker if you remember) owned a beautiful flashy brindle boxer girl. She was featured in several scenes and even one where she attacked the Kimes boy as he was looking for the victim in the house.

BTW, Mary Tyler Moore was awesome in the film. So evil and cold. Unlike anything you've ever seen her do before. Be sure to see it if it comes on again in reruns this summer.

Last edited by Tulsa-Dan; 23rd May 2001 at 02:06 PM.

Old 23rd May 2001, 04:35 PM
Super Boxer

Dan I didn't see that movie with Mary Tyler Moore, but my mom did and she calls me all excited saying there was a female boxer on there that looks just like Canon.
I have also saw the Cap-N-Crunch commerical with a white boxer with a brown eye patch driving the car.

Old 23rd May 2001, 05:57 PM
Boxer Buddy

Fabreze Lady Member of ABRA

The American Boxer Rescue Association has an annual auction in October. Last year they had some items donated by the Fabreze lady who actually does own boxers and helps with rescue.

I also saw a commerical last evening for some banking or investment compamy named ING. There was a beautiful flashy fawn boxer standing in from of the bus stop bench featured in the ad. It looked just like my Joseph that I adopted from Second Chance Boxer Rescue 9 months ago!
Seond Chance Boxer Rescue Volunteer