Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Closed Thread

Old 15th July 2005, 02:49 PM
Boxer Booster

Smile What do shaved Boxers look like? (long)

I have just embarked on a campaign to keep my two Boxers off the lounge couches. It has become an embarrassment to have visitors and nowhere for them to sit except the dining chairs. The material of the couches is a polyester suede which hugs fur and fluff to itself with selfish glee and won't willingly give it up unless by force. Fur especially works it's way into the weave of the fabric and doesn't vacuum off, so I have to use rubber kitchen gloves, and have been known to wear right through those with the rubbing. SO.... my two doggies are banned from the couches and we have to put kitchen chairs on them to stop Cinda and Zak becoming couch potatoes again! They have their own bed in the lounge anyway, but it's the undoing of a very long time of allowing them to have their way which could be MY undoing! Because they're both inside dogs and we are in the middle of winter, they are shedding constantly. But that's another story. Thanks for letting me have a whinge....must be the bleak cold days.............I don't intend shaving them by the way.
Sponsored Links

Old 15th July 2005, 02:54 PM
Boxer Booster

Have you tried putting bed sheets over the furniture? You can keep the sheets on until company comes. When you have a guest, you can take the sheet off before they get their and no one will be the wiser!

My dog's not spoiled ... I'm just well trained !

Old 15th July 2005, 03:08 PM
Boxer Buddy

My D.C. does a lot of shedding, and the fur sure likes my couch. I have found that weekly baths (with a good shampoo) and a brushing 2 times a week keep the shedding minimized. A lint remover made for clothes works well too. As for visitors coming over - well most are boxer fans, or dog fans at least, and don't mind. The rest? Well if they get upset at the fur, hey there are kitchen chairs. I am sure there are many boxer owners who need to keep a "fur free" room(s) to entertain. I am, thankfully, not one of them. If someone has a problem with me boyos they will go out before the dogs will.

Old 15th July 2005, 03:13 PM
Boxer Booster

I hear ya!!

Our two shed something fierce!! We put the large rubbermaid container lids on the off limit furniture and it has worked like a charm : )

Old 15th July 2005, 05:28 PM
Reasonable Moderator

I have always covered my sofa where the dogs sleep. When visitors come, the cover comes off.

Old 15th July 2005, 06:38 PM
Boxer Booster

Smile

Thanks for your replies--the sheets I use, then have throws over these as well. We live at the beach and the sand goes right through the lot anyhow. I have a feeling that particular type of fabric produces static and that's why we have the clingy fur problem. Now, container lids could help too! Thanks.

Old 15th July 2005, 07:10 PM
Boxer Insane

In my gallery you can see pics of my pups & kitties resting on the couch with their comforter. It is washed weekly and comes off only when we have company. Works great for us, though honestly most of our friends don't mind hair on them and can't keep their hands off our pups!

Dora

Old 16th July 2005, 07:13 AM
Super Boxer

Same with us, Dora, we keep a comfortor on our couch, too, as you can see in my gallery pictures.
Silly us! Actually bought a new couch just before we got Snoop!! Now, we only see it when company comes over, because it is always covered up!

(and sometimes we don't even uncover it then!)

Old 16th July 2005, 07:14 AM
Boxer Insane

I use a thick comforter to cover my couch. The couch was one of my first purchases on my own and it was expensive! I don't want the boys ruining it and they love the comfy comforter. I think I could make a lovely white sweater with all of Beau's hair that I get off of things around the house!

Old 16th July 2005, 09:30 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

I must be a bad hostess...my friends and family just sit on the dog hair!!!

Old 16th July 2005, 11:18 AM
Boxer Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmac
I must be a bad hostess...my friends and family just sit on the dog hair!!!
My REAL friends & family sit on the comforter! They don't care about hair one way or another.

Dora