Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:07 PM
Boxer Pal

White Boxer...Price?

I was surfing the web and came across a website that has boxer puppies for sale...there are two white ones in the litter and they are asking $800 a piece!

So my question is how did you get your White Boxer...Rescue or Breeder and how much did you pay if anything?
Sponsored Links

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:13 PM
Boxer Insane

I fell for the "rare white boxer" ad. Just keep in mind this was before BW & before I knew all about puppy mills...I saw an ad for the "rare white boxer" and my BF wanted one so I went to check it out. It turns out the place was a puppy mill. I took one look at Harley sitting in his cage & couldn't take my eyes off of him. Not only was he adorable but he was the only one that came up to the door of his cage, tail wagging, to be petted & he wasn't barking his head off or shy at all. I played with him & the rest is history. I couldn't have left him there. He had a large scar on the back of his neck & was the only one left out of his litter. I think no one wanted him because of the scar. But he has turned out to be the best dog I could have ever asked for. I like to think that I "rescued" him (for $250) from that puppy mill because there's no telling where/how he would have ended up.
Shannon

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:25 PM
Super Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToksImg
True licensed Boxer breeders are not allowed to sell white Boxers.
This is my understanding as well.

Cat & Lael

Old 23rd April 2004, 01:48 PM
Super Boxer

We got our white baby from the pound Apparently there is some horrifying person in the area who drops off white boxers in the drop off night cage at the local pound. My husband has a client that works at the pound and when he saw pictures of mason on my desk in the office he told my husband there was one at the pound. It was my B-day and a terrific present. ( I think Ken paid like $150 for the adoption fee)

Old 23rd April 2004, 02:29 PM
Boxer Booster

Talking white pup

I got mine from the rescue I fostered for (the rescue got her from the pound). The pound fee was about $85 for her (all shots and spay), my adoption fee was $200. Worth every penny! See Dixie in my gallery - she's such a cutie!

Old 23rd April 2004, 02:36 PM
Boxer Booster

Talking white pup

I got mine from the rescue I fostered for (the rescue got her from the pound). The pound fee was about $85 for her (all shots and spay), my adoption fee was $200. Worth every penny! See Dixie in my gallery - she's such a cutie!

Old 23rd April 2004, 02:37 PM
Boxer Insane

It's also my understanding that it's not ethical to sell white Boxers. I think they are allowed to charge a small amount for expenses though, a couple of hundred, maybe.
MISS HOLLY GOLIGHTLY - How do you spell "flibbertigibbet?!"

Old 23rd April 2004, 04:04 PM
Boxer Booster

I saw an ad in the paper recently asking $500 for whites and $400 for fawns...whats up with that?! I should have called just to let them know theyre crazy!

Old 23rd April 2004, 05:35 PM
Boxer Buddy

I'm seller of 2 white

It is extremely common to have at least one white pup per litter. We had two white, 3 brindle and 2 fawn. The breeder asked if we wouldn't mind selling them ourselves. We already had good homes for them, so we agreed. Although, he offered to put them up for "adoption". He has numerous customers who often ask for them. We sold them for $300 each. Basically to cover the cost of shots, etc. Typically, brindle and fawns should be more expensive because they are the "standard". Nonetheless, any good breeder will insist on spaying or neutering whites as to not pass on the "bad" gene.

Old 23rd April 2004, 07:58 PM
Boxer Buddy

It was a white Boxer puppy that sucked me in to all of this! It was news years eve of 2002 and a friend of ours was hand raising a three week old pup who's breeder did not want him and left him at the vet. Unfortunately for us he had already been promised to a good home. The following weekend I saw an ad in the paper for our Max! I figured that it was fate! As far as the price it doesn't matter, I could spend every dime I/we will ever earn and we will still not be able to come close to what they are worth!!!!

Old 24th April 2004, 04:49 AM
Super Boxer

As far as I understand it is only ethical to sell a white pup for as much as you put into it, say...$150-$200 on a spay or neuter contract only. White boxers are not rare. Do not fall for that line!

Old 24th April 2004, 05:18 AM
Boxer Insane

I placed my white puppies into carefully screened homes with spay/neuter contracts, and in their *Bill of Sale/Contract* it specifically stated that they would receive no papers, but could apply for an ILP number with AKC if they choose to participate in obedience, agility, etc. Money amount I received from the homes was ZERO, but I did require them to make a donation to either our local boxer rescue OR the American Boxer Charitable Foundation, in-lieu of the puppy fee. I kept no money for vaccines, tail docking, food, etc. These puppies also went with a puppy packet....which included 2 toys, collar, smelly receiving blanket (to make the transition easier), food, notebook with all health information, pictures, contracts, etc. My puppies didn't go to their new homes until they were 9 weeks old, and had 2 sets of vaccines by that time, plus had been started on heartworm prevention.

I might add that this litter was hand-raised from day 2, and my expenses were extremely high. It would have been very easy for me to have cut my expenses by not allowing the white puppies to have survived, but I will not cull a puppy strickly due to color. My bitch had 10 puppies at birth, we lost 4 puppies on day 2 (1 flashy fawn male, 1 flashy brindle female, 1 flashy brindle male, & 1 white male), & I managed to raise 1 flashy fawn female (Jasmine), 1 flashy brindle male (Jasper), and 4 white/checked puppies (Tango, Lily, Blizzard, & Stella). I ended up keeping Jasper & Jasmine. They are almost 5 years old now.