Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Closed Thread

Old 3rd July 2003, 12:58 PM
Super Boxer

Quotes about Boxers Only?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for 12 very good quotes that are about boxers. I did use a search and came up with a lot of quotes about dogs in general, but nothing on boxers in particular. I have two quotes currently - one is short and will work nicely, the other is more of a poem and is too long for my needs. So, I'm turning to the great people of BW to get some quotes about our favourite breed - the boxer! Please feel free to provide quotes about Boxers that you find somewhere (and include the author) or make up your own. If you make up your own and I want to use it, I'll PM you for your permission in advance of using it.

Many thanks!

Jenn & Jersey
Sponsored Links

Old 4th July 2003, 08:32 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

When discussing owning more than one boxer in a forum, I saw someone (I believe it was Thomas Liggin) say that boxers are like potato chips - you can't have just one.

Old 4th July 2003, 11:02 AM
Super Boxer

I don't think you'll need to use this one but I thought it was just a cute little story.

We had a plumber at our house doing some work, he saw Caesar and turned to me and said "Isn't that a boxer?" I said yes he was to which he replied "I heard about boxer's those are the dogs you have to throw a tennis ball to for at least 2 hours to get them to lie down for 15 minutes!" I nodded laughed and walked away as Caesar chased his tennis ball!

Old 4th July 2003, 01:22 PM
Super Boxer

Hi! I have the book "The Boxer: Family Favorite" by Stephanie Abraham, and there are several sentences that I think would work well as quotes. They are not quotes per se, but I think that they still sound good. Here goes:

"Indeed, our lives have been enriched beyond measure becasuse of the love of a dog. We have been adopted by that most irrepressible of clowns, that most intuitive of comforters, that most selfless of companions-the Boxer."

"He will make you laugh; he will make you cry; he will try your patience; he will outwit you when he can. And he will love you with an intensity that will suprise and amaze you. He will be your canine soul mate."

"A Boxer without a reason is a Boxer immovable."

"Living with a Boxer is an odyssey, full of adventure and fun. Such a journey requires that the human involved take complete responsibility for the welfare of the one creature on earth who will never offer criticism, never complain, and always stand ready to serve and protect."

"The bond between a Boxer and his family is really no less than a remarkable, caring, and totally committed love affair."

Hope you can use at least one of these!!!

Jenni & Layla

Old 5th July 2003, 08:50 AM
Boxer Insane

Debbie, Danny Kaye was right, Boxers do spoil you for other breeds.
I read in the BW a long time ago about a child at school that said they didn't have a dog ......they had a Boxer! I quite agree.
I have a small book that is just called 'Boxers'. In it at the very beginning it states 'If the Boxer didn't exist, we would have to invent one' . Also it says 'Scarcely any other dog can produce such inimitable wrinkles upon its forehead as the Boxer, and scarcely any other dog gazes at you so goodnaturedly while furrowing its brow'. 'Often Boxers are called the philosophers of the dog world' .

Old 7th July 2003, 05:42 AM
Boxer Insane

I agree with all of the above.
Sometimes I have to remind myself that Krose is actually a dog...
Is he

basak

Old 7th July 2003, 07:52 AM
Boxer Buddy

I liked Thomas Liggin's post about boxer owners - You don't have to be crazy to own a boxer but it helps.
Jennifer

Old 7th July 2003, 10:27 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by basak
Sometimes I have to remind myself that Krose is actually a dog...
Is he
Ssshhh!! No one has told Magnum and Omar that they are dogs.

Old 7th July 2003, 11:31 AM
Boxer Insane

I once read this quote about Boxers from Frau Stockmann's book, My Life with Boxers, and it stuck in my head as a perfect description of our babies:
Quote:
The Boxer, however, is a gentleman amongst dogs with short coats. He not only wants the best food, he wants to be handled in a civilized manner too. He can easily be upset by his master and this is called being leader-sensitive. He cannot stand a hard hand or injustice. It is true that he is pig-headed and every one has a personality of its own. His real job is to be a house and family dog and to be a friend to the children.
(Stockmann, My Life With Boxers, p. 116)
MISS HOLLY GOLIGHTLY - How do you spell "flibbertigibbet?!"

Old 7th July 2003, 11:33 AM
Boxer Booster

This is not really a quote but a neat little saying I made up about the breed. I figured you would just like to read it anyway. I guess you could use the sentance at the end as a quote. Good luck.

"When dogs are happy they wag their tails...
When Boxers are happy they wag the back half of their body...
When dogs are happy to see you they jump up to greet you...
When Boxers are happy to see you they run 900 miles an hour around the living room...
When dogs are bored they wan't to play fetch for 20 minutes...
When Boxers are bored they bring you every toy in the house over and over for the next 2 hours...
When dogs get tired they sleep in their bed as quiet as a mouse...
When Boxers get tired they sleep on you chest snoring in your ear...
When dogs beg for food they put a paw on your knee...
When boxers beg for food they silently make two large slobber bubbles from the sides of their mouth...

...Therefor, boxers are not dogs. They are wiggling, burning, toy carrying, snoring, slobber bubble making machines."

Old 7th July 2003, 07:25 PM
Super Boxer

Great quotes everyone! Thanks so much, and keep them coming. I'll be needing them most desperately this October, so I'll keep my eyes on this thread carefully.

Guess I should try to be inventive and come up with my own, but I'm just not good at this stuff - lucky for me there is BW!

Jenn & Jersey
www.boxerrescueontario.com

Old 9th July 2003, 03:16 PM
Super Boxer

I'm loving reading these quotes!

Jenn what are you using them for? A book? Something for rescue? OK-I'll stop guessing....

T.