Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2002, 04:19 PM
Boxer Pal

If you want to work it out, there are a gagillion ways. We had Breeze as first "dependent" and then came babies. Babies find dogs walking eye level in strollers a real hoot. Ya'll are early on, but wife will need fresh air and that's the best thing for all nerves!!! Teach pooch to walk at left of stroller instead of you or wife and she 'll love being the lead. Our second baby was born in cold, snowy Massachusetts and I used a snugly for baby because too much snow for a buggy and loved getting out. But the first months, I did hire a young boy to walk her a few days a week to get through the really bitter winter. It can be done. Your wife will want to rest during babies nap time so maybe she'll like to snuggle with the dog to give her some invidual attention !

Breeze, 8-'90/7-1999
Dakota, rescued 8-2002
Sponsored Links

Old 19th May 2002, 10:04 AM
Boxer Buddy

Uno what can I say mate except for thanks very much. You seem to be one of the few readers who saw my post for what is was, a geniune request for any advice, ideas, suggestions etc etc to help me find a solution for my problem. Just for the record I've read all the responses and some of them have angered me grately. Some of you people have absolutely no right to question my love for Shankly, you don't know me, however my love for my wife and my son is equally as strong therefore when the problem arose I thought that I'd ask for some advice off fellow boxers owners. Unfortunalty you all seemed to jump on the bandwagon and SLAG me off as much as you could I have nothing but feelings of disgust for you people (You know who you are) and I have no respect for you anymore.

For those of you that really care here is a update on the situation. We have spent the last few days producing a rota for both my parents and my wife parents which will enable them to come round and help Joanne out with Shanks when I'm not here. We are totally thrilled with the help we have gotton from our family and equally as thrilled that SHANKLY IS GOING NOWHERE. We both feel that a massive weight has been lifted from us because we were both so down about negleting the dog that we both love so very much.

As for the people who just slagged us I really feel you need to take a look at yourselfs and ask yourslefs if you are proud of the fact that you made a bad situation 10 times worse.

Once again thanks very much to those of you who offered genuine advice

Mike.

Old 19th May 2002, 10:13 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

I just wanted to say that I'm glad that you are trying to make things work with Shankly. I'm sure that she will be forever grateful for your love. I am sorry that some of us upset you, but I have to say that most of us were just trying to look at every angle to the situation. I love the people on boxerworld and they continue to amase me everyday with their knowledge and love of the breed. Some of us get passionate sometimes, but I think that everyone here does it with the best intentions. Again I am happy to hear that things seem to be getting better and thank you for letting us know.

Kristi
Chloe-6/20/01-female flashy brindle-natural
Zander-4/10/99-male white-natural-adopted 5/4/02

Old 19th May 2002, 10:19 AM
Boxer Booster

I am so glad things are going to work out for you. You have a wonderful support sysytem and it is so great that they are going to help out. It is so neat that your baby will also be getting to know its grandparents. Good Luck to you.

Old 19th May 2002, 10:44 AM
Boxer Insane

It sounds like you've come up with a wonderful solution. I'm glad to hear that things are going to work out for Shankly and your family.

Old 19th May 2002, 10:46 AM
Boxer Booster

YEAH!!!!
I am so thrilled you are able to keep Shanks!!! I almost lost my breath when I saw you had replied. MANY of us were and are genuinely concerned and awaiting word from you. God bless you and your little family!

Connie
Pugslee born 4/7/00 the pug dog

Old 19th May 2002, 10:57 AM
Boxer Insane

Dear Mike, Joanne ,

It was so good to hear that your parents and inlaws have come to help out to give Shanks some attention and help Joanne out!especially knowing that you love Shankly so much. shankly is going to be spoiled just as much as your new baby (girl or boy)? You know I am sure some dogs are left alone all day in crates till someone gets home from work. Shanks is lucky! to be loved so much and to get all this attention. This will probably only be for awhile as the baby gets older things shud be less trying. Take Care.

"If you have your health, everything else is a bonus"

Old 19th May 2002, 11:20 AM
Super Boxer

Oh Mike and Joanne,

That's great that you got your family to help out and still have Shankly. I'm glad everything did turn out for the best for all of you. Don't worry, with time and getting into the routine, your skinbaby will be glad he/she has an older sibling to take care of him/her. Thanks for keeping us posted.

E

Old 19th May 2002, 11:22 AM
Boxer Booster

Congrats on Keeping shanks. I know what you are going through. I hope everything works out for you.

Snowball pure white 5yr old spoiled rotten male Chiuaua

Old 19th May 2002, 11:50 AM
Super Boxer

I'm so glad you could work it out. I knew you could think of a solution! Congratulations!
Junior & Sprite Parakeets

Old 19th May 2002, 04:49 PM
Boxer Insane

Yeah! I was having problems posting the other day and could not reply to this, but I have been praying that this situation would have a good outcome. I know how stressful it is after having a baby. Your regular schedules get turned upside down, and everything revolves around when the baby eats, sleeps, potties, cries, plays, etc... Things will settle down soon.

Lots of luck for your family and Shanks

Old 19th May 2002, 05:49 PM
Boxer Insane

I'm glad Shankly is going nowhere.
I also hope that she becomes a very important part of your babies life & can look forward to alot of interaction with her new exciting family member.
After all, there is no better friend than a boxer.

"Life moves pretty fast.
If you don't stop and look around for a while, you may miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Last edited by Matt S; 20th May 2002 at 12:12 AM.