Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Closed Thread

Old 22nd November 2011, 08:45 AM
Boxer Insane

Angry Shake, shake, shake...

Ok.. I could put this in the behaviour forum.. unfortunately for me, I know it can not be changed

So.. my two boys.. they drive me insane!!!

They got the habit to shake their heads.... and know it will wake me up... They shake their heads and ears, either together (bigger noise) or one after the other, after the other, after the other.. in some weird symphony.. I think they are actually having fun with this!

I IGNORE IT. Any slight movement of mine and here goes "wiggle butts" because they know i'm awake. so I lay and don't move...

We live in a one bedroom apartment, with linoleum flooring.. so even if we close our bedroom door, we can hear their steps and them shaking their ears.(Snatch walks in circle at our door until I get up)

So.. Sunday morning? lets shake our head and ears at 7AM so mommy wakes up!
oh... every morning, 6.00 AM? lets shake our head and ears so mommy wakes up!! (alarm is set at 6.30AM - pisses me off that they wake me up 30minutes early!)

Last night, because of crazy thunderstorm, I put their beds in my room, so Snatch doesn't freak out. He slept through the night .. until... yeah.. nice.., they may have read the alarm clock wrong.. because it started at 5.25AM.. and went on until I got mad....

They never used to do that.. but it's getting worse. Every morning they do that. DH is really getting frustrated.

Oh yeah.. also at 3AM EVERY SINGLE NIGHT they get up, shake their heads and ears (****sigh****) and switch bed/places.. which they of course did last night, right besides me...

Last edited by chrystel; 22nd November 2011 at 08:47 AM.
Sponsored Links

Old 22nd November 2011, 08:51 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

I don't know if this is the same, but my bulldog does that when she has an ear infection starting. Might not be the same for your two guys (hopefully not) but that's been the case in my experiences.

GL!
The Following User Says Thank You to elgerdes For This Useful Post:
chrystel (22nd November 2011)

Old 22nd November 2011, 09:44 AM
Boxer Insane

When mine do something similar, I just tell them to lay back down. If they truly need to go out early they will go out to the hall and whine. They seem to know that a whine really concerns me and only seem to use it for "emergencies".
Thor-male brindle 05/24/01- 10/03/13
The Following User Says Thank You to Gatorblu For This Useful Post:

Old 22nd November 2011, 09:53 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Charlie does this EVERY morning at 4:45am until 5:00 when I give up and I can't take it anymore and I stomp off and let them out and feed them. Then they go back to fed after breakfast until 7:15 when I have to get up.... Jersey yawns loudly, Charlie whines and shakes his head and puts his head in my face and heavy sighs.... Its lovely.

I blame DH bc he gets up at 5:30 for work on days that he works.... so now the dogs have a new program.... ugh.

Old 22nd November 2011, 10:25 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

OMG I feel your pain! My bed squeeks whenever I move. So god forbid I role over, it wakes the dogs up who then charge up to the door and start the dreaded ear flapping against my door. If they weren't so psychotic about wanting to be by my side 24 hours a day they might not get up, but alas, they are crazy! It sounds like a freakin helicopter is landing in my hallway! And I have to get up, because once Titan is awake he has to go out. They do both go back to bed afterwards, but guess who doesn't get to fall back asleep! So I am basically up at 330am every morning. Then people wonder why I turn into a pumkin at 930pm. These boxers are worse than my kids!!!!

Old 22nd November 2011, 11:31 AM
Super Boxer

ABBY does the same exact thing at around 5:00 o'clock every morning. And she'll do it continuously until I get up and let her out. I'LL have to stay awake until she wants back in, and by the it time it takes her to do whatever piddle-farting around, I will have been up so long that it's almost impossible for me go back to sleep. Never the less, she'll go hop on the bed and be spread across the entire thing and already be asleep before I can make back into the room. Makes me so mad at her sometimes that I could just leave her out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to electric1 For This Useful Post:

Old 22nd November 2011, 12:25 PM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Toby used to do that to wake me up, but only if he needed out. Otherwise he would sleep as long as I did. Gus gets up early, tries shaking his ears, and jumps on and off my bed a few times, but I ignore him (unless he whines, that's his emergency signal) and he will actually lay back down until 7:00, at which time he pretty much demands breakfast. 7:00 is way better than the 5:30 when he was a baby, but oh it's so hard to get myself out of bed when the house is cold!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stub For This Useful Post:

Old 22nd November 2011, 12:41 PM
Boxer Booster

Both Raiden and my border collie, Sadie, do that to get my attention when they need to go outside. Thankfully they only do it when they need to go outside. They both otherwise sleep all night until we are ready to get up in the morning. My only issue is when I am sleeping during the day after working a night shift and they have slept all night already since the rest of the family has so they get bored and want to go in and out for fun... Raiden is a surprisingly lazy boxer puppy though so generally doesn't bother me a whole ton if I am sleeping, he just wants to jump into bed and have a cuddle.
The Following User Says Thank You to jacquim For This Useful Post:

Old 22nd November 2011, 12:53 PM
Boxer Buddy

ugh! pre-alarm!

the ear-helicopters are so annoying when they happen pre-alarm! i try to hide, but get the paw in the face, so not happening! after a quick trip out- easy for him!- we are settled for another 20 mins. or so, and then----alarm!! how do they know to wake us early? seamus does this on days when he wants 'extra play time' before we leave for work! ucky for us it is rare these days, but puppylife was rife with this behavior! i remember this, and feel your pain!
The Following User Says Thank You to curedham For This Useful Post:

Old 22nd November 2011, 04:44 PM
Boxer Insane

oh i don't feel alone anymore...

craaaaaazy!!!!

Old 22nd November 2011, 07:52 PM
Boxer Booster

You are not alone. Every morning Clyde & Gus do the ear shake. They don't have to go out but they go ahead and do the ear shake on the off chance I want to get up early and let them out to play. It is usually about an hour before we oficially get up and they have figured out how to optimize the shake and get the tags on their collars to jingle at the same time. Every day, both of them, at the same time. Drives me insane!

Old 22nd November 2011, 08:07 PM
Boxer Insane

Oh, the morning ear flapping...must be a boxer trait! Cyrus does it too!
~~~~Daisy the Black cat-7 years-best thing I've ever found in a barn!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyrus2005 For This Useful Post: