Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Closed Thread

Old 2nd September 2000, 07:26 PM
Boxer Pal

Question

Our Max is 7 months and weighs 55lbs. He stands about 23 inches at the shoulders. Our vet guesses he will be 85-90 lbs when he is full grown.

Max, a brindle boxer with a lot of flash, natural ears, docked tail.
Sponsored Links

Old 2nd September 2000, 09:36 PM
Reasonable Moderator

Boxers don't usually reach their full size until they are 2 years old. Even after that they can continue to fill out.

------------------
Jan
Markus, dark brindle
neutered male, 6 yrs old

Old 3rd September 2000, 07:42 PM
Boxer Booster

I personally feel that my Amy girl has now filled out and has the complete Mature shape (and mental maturity) at about 3 years old. She has also more grey in her muzzle now and that real adult Boxer look. I think she is getting more gorgeous looking all the time.

------------------
Gabi
Amy/01.01.97/tan,black mask/spayed/natural ears

Old 16th October 2000, 03:12 PM
BW owner

I think Bismarck became full grown at 4 years old. He was skinny before that age.

Olly

Old 16th October 2000, 03:19 PM
Boxer Booster

JEB finally stopped growing a little before he turned 3. And he's steady at 85 pounds now (without an ounce of fat on him!) People think 85 pounds sounds big for a Boxer, but his parents were both large (80-100 pounds) and he was the largest pup in the litter. And he really doesn't look like a "big" dog.

------------------
Mother of JEB (10/1/95)
Semi-flashy fawn w/black mask, cropped ears, docked tail

Old 17th October 2000, 10:54 AM
Boxer Insane

I thought Tyson was done growing at 18 months but he gained another 10 lbs by the time he was 2years. He now weighs 73 lbs and is 2 years and 4 months. He didn't get any taller after he was a little over a year old he just filled out. Pru is 13 1/2 months old and I think she is about as tall as she is going to get. She might fill out a little more but she looks stocky for her height now. If she fills out too much more she'll look like a body builder.

Alisha - Indiana