Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Old 23rd January 2001, 05:30 PM
Boxer Pal

Smile

Just when I thought that I had the most bizzare, unique baby in the world ... I find out Im not alone. He does about everthing that has already been listed. However, my favorite things about my boy Farley is that he sings to me on the phone and when we have a dispute over something he always gets the last word in... but he always sucks up later. But most of all... I love that he makes me feel so loved and so lucky to have such a wonderful dog. Heres one thing that I haven't seen yet.... does anyone have boxers that are so overjoyed to se you that they give you a hundred kisses a second... barely stopping to breathe...
-----
Farley- 5/7/98 my beautiful white (check) boy
Sponsored Links

Old 23rd January 2001, 06:00 PM
Boxer Booster

Smile boxer habits

My two boxers love to give "smileys", once I get dressed to go to work. Smileys, in case you dont know is when our boxers take their "lippy-loos" and goober on your leg. The after effect ia a slobber mark in the shape of a smile.

Old 24th January 2001, 10:39 AM
Boxer Pal

Lightbulb Shadow Boxing

Oscar, when coming inside at night, will see his shadow on the side of the house from the garage motion light and shadow box, and then jump straight up in the air, to see what the shadow dog will do.

Slobber marks on glass coffee table from his head being so heavy.

Brings a toy to bed with him, will go get one before he even lays on his bed.

The pose from Babe, when Babe sings "la la la", Oscar will put his nose up so high in the air you can see the white area on his throat, sniffing the air, and I mean sniffing like he is going to take all the oxygen out of the room. This generally occurs when I cook any sort of red meat, especially an Omaha Steak.

Old 24th January 2001, 12:05 PM
Boxer Insane

always on their backs

Nikki age 7, Emma 1 1/2, and Spencer (rescue 1-ish) are always on their backs. They also lay on their toys and rub all over them with their backs.

My personal favorite Boxer Behavior is the "c" curl. When you greet them, two out of three curl up sideways, of course with the nubs going.
Clare - Mutt

Old 24th January 2001, 12:22 PM
Boxer Pal

Wink

Kobe definitely has most of these traits but I'll tell you since we got him a raised feeding dish, his gas is almost non-existent. The only other trait he has which I haven't seen mentioned, is if he's chasing his ball and it lands anywhere near (meaning within a foot of) his or Nevada's latest doo doo, he will prance around and try to paw the ball away. If this is unsuccessful, he will bark to have us come pick it up......he won't go anywhere near it. He also will run an obstacle course to chase the ball assuring he doesn't get anything on his feet (including mud) he's kind of prissy that way.

Kobe: 10/6/97; Male, Fawn, ears cropped
Nevada: 10/23/00; Female, Brindle, ears natural...so far

Old 24th January 2001, 01:13 PM
Completely Boxer Crazy

My babies have a mixture of all the above...Hook has VERY bad gas...and bad huffs and puffs...loves to lay on his back and have me rub his belly. He LOVES going on walks and LOVES to swim! The minute he sees water he runs for it! He is also a huge fan of football and will win a touch football game if invited to play. He holds onto that football with his front paws and wont let anyone near it!
Dayla is only a year old so she still has a lot of the energy that Hook has outgrown. So...she gets on his nerves quite a bit. She loves to swim as well. She uses her front "hands" a lot, to hold onto my leg or to a ball that she plays with. When I return home from being gone at work all day she punches me...jumps up and punches me over and over again. LOVES shoes, we cant leave them anywhere or she will eat them. She too has VERY bad gas and huffs and puffs. And, she has a very bad barking problem, talks a lot to Hook and to myself if we are not paying attention to her. She HAS to be touching someone at all times.

Arn't our babies just wonderful!!!

Hook 9/16/1996-Flashy Brindle boy w/ natural ears
Dayla 1/23/2000-Semi Flashy Fawn girl w/natural ears

Old 24th January 2001, 08:50 PM
Boxer Pal

Lightbulb

from what i read it sounds like boxers are almost human(lol). the house i live in right now we have 3 boxers Jethro-3 yrs old Daisy-1.5 yrs old and my beautiful pup Cierra- 7 months old and they all do just about the same thing when we come home or if they are in the playin mood. i got one question what is the "kidney beaning"? im lost on that.

Old 25th January 2001, 02:31 PM
Boxer Pal

b*itch eyes!

Cassie has all the boxer common traits, along with one trait she's recently begun exhibiting: Whenever one of us humans talk about something bad Cassie's done (like jumping on the counter or dragging one of us after a cat), she look at us like "How dare you talk about me like that!" and continue to stare at us with the b*itchiest look I have ever seen! She's a joy to have, but if looks could kill, there would be four dead adults in the house!

Old 25th January 2001, 09:49 PM
Boxer Booster

"How about if you sit on a bed/sofa. Boxer (in Kidney Bean Mode) jumps onto your back arms around your neck (piggy back style) and starts to nibble your ears!!"

Travis does this too - and if you happen to laugh because it is the silliest thing(and it tickles) then LOOK OUT. Then you are just asking for more nibbles and kisses and slobbers. I have laughed a few times and get laughing so hard I can't stop - all the while making Travis more excited. I have to call for help through my laughter.
Aren't Boxers the BEST!

Old 26th January 2001, 01:53 AM
Boxer Pal

Re: common traits

Quote:
Originally posted by MB
My 2 boxers have most of the common traits already listed, except they won't lay on their back because it makes them sneeze! What about compulsive lickers?
They do this thing where they wrestle eachother with their faces, is that normal?

[Edited by MB on 01-19-2001 at 02:40 AM]
YES... totally mine do the exact same thing... only he is the only boxer and has taught all the other dogs this trick..... such a goofball!

-------
Farley- 5/7/98--- white masked face, cropped tail, natural ears.... my BABY !!!

Old 26th January 2001, 10:52 PM
Boxer Pal

Smile

My 1yr Boxer does all of that! He also licks, licks, licks! When he gets excited he wags his tail and always has to grab a toy. He grunts, snores, and loves to take the stuffing out of all his toys. You gotta love them!

Old 27th January 2001, 10:33 AM
Boxer Pal

Talking

One of my least favorite traits is the white foam that collects at the corners of their cheeks. When Maggie gets really excited and is panting alot the foam starts comming out and she loves to come and swipe it on you, especially when we have guests over (they usually are dressed nice too) Then she will shake her head and it will fling up and stick to the walls! All our walls have slober and eye goobers dried on, I seemed to forget they are their untill I'm on the floor with the dogs and see they are on everything!
Only a boxer mom would love them anyway!