Go Back   Boxer Board > GENERAL BOXER FORUMS > The Boxer Ring

The Boxer Ring Let's talk about boxers!

Old 20th June 2012, 08:52 AM
Boxer Buddy

Also forgot to mention Bowser snores like a freight train and PEES ON MY HUSBAND! Lmao. I don't really know why it's just him. My husband wants to play with him and stuff but as soon as he tries, wee wee.
Sponsored Links

Old 20th June 2012, 09:08 AM
Super Boxer

Quote:
I don't really know why it's just him.
Excitement or submissive urination? If so you'll probably want to react differently then you might otherwise. He's a new rescue... do you know his history?

Old 20th June 2012, 09:32 AM
Boxer Buddy

I don't. People keep saying it could be that he's intimidated by men. Possibly a mean previous male owner? He's not aggressive. Not ever. But the pee pee happened once when my husband came over to pet him and once when they were playing.

Old 22nd June 2012, 04:42 PM
Boxer Pal

Wheres the mouse?

Lol lol ,,read all the posts they all sound like boxer traits,my max will look for mice and wont stop till he gets tired well at least he did before ,hes not doing much of anything now ,hes actully caught a mouse i seen it running under laundry room door i opened it up and he tore in and the mouse was gone he was just like hoover vaccum ,,but he didnt eat it he hid it between his gums and teeth and wouldnt give it up..also if we are sitting on the couch he will scootch backwards right between your legs he loves stuffed animals have to hide them

Old 29th June 2012, 09:20 AM
Boxer Pal

Ok, Does anyones boxer do a semi summersault in the bed?
At night when we are in bed and we tell her ok its time to sleep and she really doesn't want to she will tuck her head and do this partial summersault thats lands her feet and butt right in the middle of us at the head of the bed.

I have to admit it took me a bit to understand what "kidney" is.. she's been doing that since we got her I think.. If I can find it. My husband has a picture where it looks like two dogs.. ones butt and ones face right next to each other. She literally folds in half.

borrowed some of these from another post.

*laying on back, feet up, not a care! - especially in bed
*GAS --- too funny
*Kidney Beans - split in half
*Boxer Woo Woo Song - and has actually said MAMA
*Stands on her hind feet when she really barks outside.
*Sits her head on the dining table (bad daddy)
*Zipping around the backyard for no apparent reason.
*Spoons in bed or lays directly on my legs
*Lay their head on you like it is too heavy to hold up!
*Happiness!

Old 25th November 2012, 11:38 PM
Boxer Pal

We got misty as a dog estimated to be about 1 to 1 1/2 yrs old from the shelter. She is our first Boxer and will probably not be the last. I had an awesome Doberman for 14 years so getting use to a boxer has been a fun experience.

She loves the outdoors. She sleeps both inside and outside in her doghouse depending on the weather. The funniest thing she does is pulling her dog-bed out of the dog house and she drags to where ever she wants to lay outside. You will be looking out the window and she will have taken it to the middle of the yard into the sun. She will be rolled up on it sound asleep. She loves the whole family and would love to play with the cats if the cats didn't dislike her so much. She is a gentle giant.

Old 26th November 2012, 08:31 AM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Smile

Layla does the kidney bean look especially when she is playing. We laugh so hard at her.

Also likes to drag her head across the couch or floor (when we had carpeting)
Gas (eew)
Runs around the backyard for no apparent reason.
Lays her head on us like its to heavy to hold
Boxer Woo Woo Song
Loves to talk constantly
Wiggle butt when we come home

Layla ~ Boxer Mix Female ~ docked ~ ears floppy~ Born~ 1-1-2012

Old 17th December 2012, 08:04 AM
Boxer Pal

Talking

Oh my gosh I never knew that boxers have basically all the smae traits! I love my little Oakley, she's rambunctious, sweet, caring, and loves to run to mommy when scared! She doesn't have gas too bad (thank God!) but when she does she can clear out a room! She loves to chase her tail, and because it's not docked she catches it quite often! She goes into kidney bean mode when you get home, and when she starts runnin all over the place we call it a "crack run" lol. She drags her whole body across the floor when she's playing, and comes to visit right after she gets done eating or drinking (slobber mouth!). I haven't really heard the woo-woo song yet, but in the beginning when we put her in her cage at night she would do it (got her out of that habit real quick....).

Love seeing all the replies to what other boxer owners have experienced!

Old 17th December 2012, 08:05 AM
Boxer Pal

Talking

Also forgot to mention she snores like a freight train!!!!

Old 28th January 2013, 05:51 AM
Boxer Pal

Gas (pee-yew!!!)

So at first Oakley didn't have much gas, but recently, OMG it's been bad! We haven't changed her diet either! Boy, can she clear out a room!!!

Old 13th February 2013, 07:11 PM
Boxer Booster

Exclamation Rusty

Chewing up a 6' nylon leash in less than 5 minutes -- while turning his head around 180 degrees!

That was Rusty!

Old 26th February 2013, 05:31 AM
Boxer Pal

Kuda loves to poke my legs with her nose, she does this no matter if I have trousers on or not. And of course she sniffs EVERYTHING, but she will sniff my trouser legs with special intensity even before I put them on. When we play chase, I make her run with a toy in her mouth to help her remember not to bite - and she will goad me by poking that toy into the back of my legs, as if to say, "C'mon mama you're not running fast enough!"
I am also teaching her not to bark when we play together, so now she will put a toy in her mouth and just squeak furiously at me whenever we play, which is hilarious! She just cracks me up so much every single day, love that girl!