Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Boxer Anatomy and Physiology

View Poll Results: Does your Boxer have GAS? UGH!!!
Yes, constantly. (And it smells like something DIED in there!) 56 56.00%
Yes, sometimes. 31 31.00%
No, hardly ever. 12 12.00%
No, never. (Lucky you!) 1 1.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 8th February 2005, 11:03 AM
Boxer Buddy

Red face GASSY BOXER! Ewwwwwww!!!

Hi everyone,

I know this is a common problem with boxers, but YES I see it as a problem!! Jackson has the WORST gas!! I have heard that just about every boxer has an issue with gas, but I seriously think Jackson is a bit over the top with his... The older he gets, the worse it is... and it's actually beginning to be an embarassment, because he literally has gas at least 1x per hour (sometimes more) and so when we have company at our house... you know!! For instance yesterday, the garage-door fixer-guy... Jackson had TERRIBLE gas to the point that the maintenance man was coughing and had to leave the room!!! They are silent, but deadly... and I swear sometimes people think it's ME!! (How traumatizing!!)

Anyway, my question? What to do? He is on a really good food, Nutro Natural Choice Ultra for Puppies... I give him "Greenies" several times per week which I was told may help with the chlorophyll... I also just bought a natural gas-aid at the Pet Store witch contains 75% Garlic and 25% Simethicone...

Does anyone know what Simethicone is? Is it safe? Will it WORK??

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Old 8th February 2005, 11:13 AM
Boxer Insane

Oskar isn't bad at all. I put a tbl. spoon of yogurt in his breakfast every morning. The active cultures and acidapholus(sp?) helps in the intestines. I've given him plain yogurt since he was 8 weeks and have never had a problem with gas. Now don't get me wrong he does toot but it's only a few times a day and they aren't smelly.
Disney - Yorkie 4/95 - 11/09

Old 8th February 2005, 12:59 PM
Boxer Insane

I would suggest a change of foods and see if that helps with the problem. Also, greenies are pretty rich and that could be causing it as well.

Cami used to have terrible gas while on Solid Gold food but after switching over a year ago to Eagle Pack Holistic Select kibble and Wellness canned the smell is gone and now only an occasional "toot".

Old 8th February 2005, 01:49 PM
Boxer Booster

Talking So True!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonL
You know your dog has vicious gas when A) you can actually HEAR it and B) your husband or boyfriend is even offended by it.
Thats so true.

Sammy when he passes gas, he looks at us with that look and then looks at his butt.
August 30, 2005

Old 8th February 2005, 01:53 PM
Boxer Insane

It's the absolute worst when you're stuck in the car with them You just can't roll those windows down fast enough!

Old 8th February 2005, 03:20 PM
Boxer Insane

lol Cinnamon gets gas form her food, but its the only food shes ever cared enough about eating, so we're not changing anytime soon.

Shes very bad sometimes they stink sometimes they dont..but when they do...let me tell you!

ANd shes not embarassed about it either, she'll just let one rip...they can get fairly loud lol and LONG! She burps a lot too..shes not very lady like.
Sheba- waiting at the Bridge for me

Old 8th February 2005, 03:30 PM
Boxer Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami
Cami used to have terrible gas while on Solid Gold food but after switching over a year ago to Eagle Pack Holistic Select kibble and Wellness canned the smell is gone and now only an occasional "toot".
I think I am going to have to try that!
Cisco is the worst! He has a "run you out of the room stinky" about every 15 min in the evenings! It's so bad it'll gag ya! I have been meaning to switch his food, he is on Chicken Soup, but he eats it so well I have been putting it off.

Old 8th February 2005, 03:58 PM
Boxer Insane

apparently, if you add about a spoon full of plain yogurt to their food, it lessens the frequency of the uhh wind passing lol

Old 8th February 2005, 05:22 PM
Boxer Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonL
You know your dog has vicious gas when A) you can actually HEAR it and B) your husband or boyfriend is even offended by it.
ROTFL! That is my dogs!
Trace: White female 11/27/01 to 9/19/09

Old 9th February 2005, 11:41 AM
Boxer Insane

My Sandy hardly ever has gas.
Napoleon on the other hand is another story.

He doesn't get it as often as he used to but when he gets it you must leave the room. Sometimes, he will come sit beside you, pass and go into the other room. It is like he knows what he is doing. LOL

Yogurt is great!!!

Old 9th February 2005, 12:10 PM
Boxer Insane

Coco very rarely has smelly toots.

Old 9th February 2005, 12:17 PM
Boxer Insane

Talking Talk about embarassing

Remi is in puppy kindergarden, and talk about embarassing!! You know all the other owners are thinking "What in the world, those people are so rude!!" I dont know of a lot of other breeds who are quite so gassy...I am sure everyone thinks it is me and my hubby!!

I sat down last week in class and the lady next to me had a Rat Terrier puppy...I simply began the conversation by saying "I apologize for Remi in advance, she is quite gassy!" That way she doesnt think it is me! Fortunately, the lady was super nice and had been a previous boxer owner until her boy passed at age 11...she explained that she had plenty of experience with stinky dogs!

Autumn