Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Boxer Anatomy and Physiology

Closed Thread

Old 7th July 2009, 12:10 PM
Boxer Buddy

8 week size

I just got Caesar saturday and from what I've been reading I'm afraid he might be a little larger than what he should be. What is the average weight for an 8 week old puppy?
Sponsored Links

Old 7th July 2009, 12:48 PM
Boxer Insane

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer on the "average weight" at 8 weeks, but I can tell you how much my pup weighed at that age Caney weighed 11 lbs when she was exactly 8 weeks old. Now at nearly 2.5 yrs old, she weighs 65 lbs -- she's large for a female. My 8 yr old female, Creek, weighs roughly 52 lbs (haven't weighed her recently).

Boxer puppies vary in size and growth rate, so it does no good to compare your pup to others -- not if you're concerned about his health, at least. If he's so large that you doubt he's purebred, that's different

How much does your puppy weigh?
Photo Album

Old 7th July 2009, 01:20 PM
Boxer Booster

here's a thread where people have posted the weight of their dog at different ages.

Update..Please post weight and age of your dog

my puppy was 13.5 pounds at 9 weeks
.X.

Old 7th July 2009, 01:51 PM
Boxer Insane

Unfortunately nobody can answer this for you as Boxers have a VAST size range, plus what they weigh at 8 weeks is NOT indicative of what they will weigh full grown. Personally my boy was 10 pounds at 6 weeks old and 14 pounds at 9 weeks old (I don't have an 8 week weight as we did not visit the vet that week), at almost 2 years old he is around 65 pounds and full grown (he's small for a male IMO). So, weights can vary drastically.
Erin flashy fawn, Lucas, Flashy Fawn, Boxer angels, RIP 11-29-10 and 8-22-07

Old 7th July 2009, 03:51 PM
Super Boxer

Odin was 11 lbs at 8 weeks.
Odin (4/09) Male, flashy brindle, docked and cropped

Old 7th July 2009, 07:34 PM
Boxer Buddy

I'm not sure to his exact weight. But he easily weighs more than our chihuahua mix and she's between 10-15. He's a big boy. I got him from a breeder and he's akc registered, so I'm pretty sure he's full boxer. All the other puppies there were just as big and the breeder said that they nursed a little longer than she normally allowed them too. Either way, I love him.

Old 7th July 2009, 09:28 PM
Boxer Buddy

my puppy zapata was 14.5 pds at 8 weeks and weighs 30.6 pounds right now at 4 months so id say ur dogs weight is pretty normal and like everyone else says it varys

Old 8th July 2009, 08:00 AM
Super Boxer

My boy weighed 13 lbs at 8 weeks and then 16 lbs at 9 weeks and then gained another 2.5 lbs a week until around 6 months old and now he's slowed down to MAYBE gaining half a pound a week. At one point early on he gained 10 lbs in about 2 and a half weeks! He's 62 lbs now and he'll be 8 months old on the July 10th. Everyone ALWAYS comments on how he was such a big boy when he was a puppy. Every where I went people would ask how old he was and then be like "oh my he's so big and you're going to have a huge boxer" but I think he was just a fast grower early on because he hardly gains any weight now and he's only 8 months. He's a good size though now I'd just like for him to fill out a little.