Go Back   Boxer Board > BOXER HEALTH FORUMS > Boxer Anatomy and Physiology

Closed Thread

Old 29th April 2008, 09:28 AM
Boxer Pal

Anyone else's female short and stocky??

Hi I was just wondering if others have a female who seems short but extremely solid. My little Bodhi is just 11 months old. She seems very short and not very long for a boxer but already weighs over 60lbs( all muscle not a bit of fat on her) He size has people constantly asking what kind of pit bull is she...lol...not that I mind as many of her friends are various breeds of what people consider pit bulls. One look at here face as she seems all boxer to me. Just wondering what others peoples little girls average size/weight is.
Sponsored Links

Old 29th April 2008, 10:32 AM
Boxer Insane

Mackensie is a very petite girl. She is 2 years old, 21.5" tall and 52.6 lbs. She gets mistaken for a puppy quite often. She was the runt of the litter, and she just isn't going to grow any bigger.
Roman~White Male~Docked and floppy~7 months old Adopted 5/31/11

Old 14th May 2008, 11:00 PM
Boxer Insane

My girl is short and stalky, she's solid and a bulldozer when she wants to be LoL. She's 6-7 years old and weighs 65 pounds, not overweight but short legs and yes, short and stalky. I joke and say she's my linebacker.
Erin flashy fawn, Lucas, Flashy Fawn, Boxer angels, RIP 11-29-10 and 8-22-07

Old 15th May 2008, 04:28 PM
Elusive Moderator

Exactly how tall and how heavy? The correct height range for an adult boxer bitch is about 21-23 inches tall, and you'd generally expect them to weigh 50-60lb.

There are probably plenty of bitches who exceed that... but they're oversized (incorrect) for their breed.

As for the weight, what is most important is that it is correct compared to her height. If the bitch is taller than she's supposed to be, for example, then she should weigh correspondingly more (and the opposite if she's smaller than boxers are supposed to be). If you suspect she's too heavy though, then you're more than likely right Around 80% of pet dogs are overweight - and aside frm doing them no favours, it's also what we beccome accustomed to seeing. LOL - I'd be rich by now if I had a dollar for every obese dog I've seen whose owner claims it's "all muscle" I haven't seen your dog, of course, so that is only a general observation that may not apply in your case. But it is worth comparing her actual height with the guideine weights you can find in some of the boxer standards from around the world (e.g. the FCI) and figuring whether or not she's generally in correct range. Or just do it visually: you should be able to see the outlne of her last couple of sets of ribs when she's just standing normally. If you can't, she's overweight. If you have to prod to find them, she's fat or worse (and it will ffect her health long term). Soo - take a look, and judge from there whether her weight is good for her individual frame or whether she needs any adjustment

Old 16th May 2008, 10:51 AM
Boxer Booster

Abbi is 21 inches at the withers and weighs 62 pounds. She's this compact ball of fur that thinks that she weighs a third of what she does when she's climbing all over my lap, trying to get comfy. Hayden weighs 3 pounds more than her but it seems like he weighs less because he's bigger and the weight is spread out more.

I'm sure she is a few pounds heavier than she should be. DH calls it "winter storage". But she still looks lean and doesn't have a belly.
Legion - 5/27/09, male black brindle Cane Corso, docked & cropped

Old 30th May 2008, 10:47 PM
Boxer Buddy

my female is 22 inches at the withers and weighs around 60 lbs. short and stocky for sure!!! it's kind of amazing that even though the standard says 21-23 it seems all the bitches in the ring are at least five inches taller than that. my poor girl looked like a midget!