Go Back   Boxer Board > BEHAVIOUR FORUMS > Behavioral Issues

Behavioral Issues Why does he do that?

Closed Thread

Old 2nd November 2009, 07:49 AM
Boxer Booster

Jake ate a dryer sheet

Good Lord! Trying to get clothes out of the dryer. Jake, of course, has to be in the middle of it all and immediately snatches the used dryer sheet. Usually he runs off with them and/or drops them after a minute. This time he plunks right down beside the clothes basket with the dryer sheet as I continue empting the dryer, and then I hear him gulp and the dryer sheet is gone! AAACK! Crazy dog. Are boxers part goat or what????

Well, I keep an eye on him to see if he has any adverse affects. No vomiting. No diarrhea. Guess he's okay. For all I know it's already passed through him and his insides are all "spring fresh" now.
Sponsored Links

Old 2nd November 2009, 12:37 PM
Boxer Booster

Thanks for the advice. He seems to be fine - all systems in working order.

Yes, you're right. It is time to get his started on training.

Old 2nd November 2009, 01:50 PM
Completely Boxer Crazy

my girl does that with cleaning cloths.....only yellow ones tho...she rips them up and then eats them. We changed to pink ones and she has no interest....weird!

Frankie Moo d.o.b 21/9/2006 Red,docked(unfortunately) and floppy!
James-i-poo d.o.b 28/4/2010 brindle, full tail and floppy!!

Old 2nd November 2009, 04:56 PM
Boxer Booster

: /

Yup. Part goat.

Kevin likes to eat kleenex. I could easily see him going after a dryer sheet.

If you haven't already, you should work on the "drop it!" and "leave it!" commands. Kevin is ok with the "leave it" one, but he's really good at obeying "drop it!", and that makes me happy. I hated having to chase him down to figure out what he'd been nomming on. A couple of short sessions working on (and rewarding) drop it, and an occasional reinforcer treat every now and then (especially when he's really good and drops something that I know he *really* wants), and it's a lot easier to keep him from eating stuff he shouldn't. And me from having to pick stuff out of his butt.

Old 2nd November 2009, 06:46 PM
Boxer Buddy

LMAO!!! Part goat... lol...
I thought it was only Roxy with this goat gene... she seems to have an obsession with wet wipes, yip the kind you use on babies... imagine a crack addict on a corner waiting for a fix... this is how Roxy reacts at the sight of a wet wipe!

Old 2nd November 2009, 08:26 PM
Completely Boxer Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateBazooka View Post
: /

Kevin. And me from having to pick stuff out of his butt.
Kevin is the cutest name ever!!!

Picking stuff out of the butt is never good and they always seem to do it when out on a walk when the traffic is stopped and everyone is watching!

Old 3rd November 2009, 11:09 AM
Boxer Pal

Haha boxers are definitely unpredictable. I can relate to your dryer sheet chase. I let Mona (12weeks) out for play around the house last night and i forgot to close my bedroom door (I use little foamy orange earplugs to sleep). Well I left them next to my bed and she ran right to them as I chased her. Lol!! She got them and gulped them down faster than I could open her mouth. Of course this morning I saw they were intact through her digestive system as they were returned during her morning bowel movement. I will not be using those 2 earplugs again.

Old 27th November 2009, 01:39 PM
Boxer Pal

My boxer (Hurley) does the same thing. Well kind of the same thing. She doesn't ever swallow them, but she loves to chew on dryer sheets. Just when I think that I have thrown them all away she will have pulled one out of the trash or gets one from her hiding spot. It doesn't matter if I give her all the chew toys in the world....she just loves dryer sheets.

Old 27th November 2009, 08:26 PM
Boxer Booster

Cash used to try to eat dryer sheets. He would even dig through a basket of clothes to fish it out! I now have to find it when I take the clothes out of the dryer so there is no chance of him getting it.
We wipe him down every night before bed with puppy cleaning wipes, and he tries to eat them too. It can get frustrating when you're dog tired (no pun intended, lol) and he thinks you're wiping him down with something edible.
He also got smart and learned how to open the lids on the trash can in our bathroom and you can only imagine what paper products he got into. I now have to stack stuff on top of the lid so he can't nose it open. This morning when I got out of the shower, he had unrolled the toilet paper and eaten some of it...
~cat - Dinah **RIP Jinx 3/02 - 9/10**

Old 30th November 2009, 07:20 AM
Boxer Insane

Aniah just loves her dryer sheets. It seems I always miss one and she of course finds it. She doesn't eat them just shreads them and gets all the goodie out. She will then spit all the small shreads and I get to clean them up. Grumble grumble.
Aniah 5/27/08 classic fawn girl, docked and floppy, full of the badness