On breeders wait list, but decided to rescue...
DH & I are ready to add to our family (it has been 4.5 years since we lost our beloved Tess) and recently made it on the list for a litter due in early May. Meanwhile, thoughts got the better of me, with Tenaia being mama's girl (big time) and 12.5 years old, did I really want to bring a puppy home or would an older but still young boxer be a better choice....there are so many sweet boxers being dumped at shelters because owners can't (or won't) afford to keep them, and fortunately for those dogs, there are some fantastic rescue orgainizations working together in the Pacific Northwest to liberate them from hell and help them find loving forever homes. I have to limit my reading because I end up in tears and heartbreak over the stories, and DH says 'unless you go back to work so we can buy at least 5 acres, our household limit is 4' and of course, I would bring them ALL home if I could. On the other hand, he did make the mistake of saying 4....so I have the bargaining advantage of a possible 2 additions!
We had to reschedule due to Tenaia's surgery, and due to the boys we have interest in recovering from kennel cough (and pending kid compatability screening as well), but we have an appointment for meet & greets with the rescue group & 4 potential younger boys (1-3 yrs approx) on the 21st! I am getting excited!!
Jen - mom to:
Tenaia (F) 11/23/99, dark brindle/docked&natural
Tess 4/18/95-8/21/07, deep fawn/docked&natural
~waiting at the Bridge~Enjoy the sun my beautiful girl!