After a long weekend, we decided to decline on the offer to pick one of her pups. She did have reasonable explanations to my concerns, like she didn't email back because she is a "hunt and peck" typist, and she didn't show this litters mother because she had just opened up her shop and her daughter had moved out to go to college so she couldn't comit the time to it. With all of that being said, it just isn't the right time for us. We really had wanted to wait until after the holidays (lots of traveling) and hopefully DH will go back to days soon after the new year. (Don't know if I could handle Spike, New Pup, and a 4 yr. old skin kid) So we elected to pass on this litter and if she happens to have another one when we are looking then we might consider it. I have emailed several other breeders (filled out puppy questionares, etc..). I feel for sure that most rep. breeders will have a waiting list, but I have been making it clear that we are not interested until late winter/early spring. Not to mention the thread in the boxing ring about potty training in the winter
- NO WAY, we have 30 mph winds almost everyday in the winter (or so it seems)! Anyway Spike was born on Feb. 5th the day that I stopped smoking, so that makes him even more special, I think he was just ment to be ours.
Thank all of you for the great information and suggestions you all gave me