Hi there. Sorry about your pup. My girl, at five, just had TPLO. She is just now getting back to her old routines. She has a slight tear on the other knee that we are hoping wil hold up. Would I do it again? I guess if the vet said it needed to be done I would. Certainly do not want them in pain. If you trust your vet and you trust the specialist then I would listen to them. Mostly just wanted you to know I feel your pain-it is very hard to watch a dog you love go through this.